J Rod Quotes: The Good, Bad, and Ugly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J Rod Quotes: The Good, Bad, and Ugly

This thread is to share the various quotes from Formula D’s famed announcer “voice of American drifting” J Rod. Whether it is a hit or miss, funny or offensive, witty or dumb, this is the place to complain, correct or congratulate his efforts.

I’ll start with formula d round 2 Atlanta
    The Good:
    J Rod- what do guys wanna hear? Hip hop, Rock n roll?
    Crowd- everyone shouts Rock n roll
    J Rod- Wow, even the black guy is giving me the horns

The Bad:

J Rod- “look at Tonka go. I mean Taka, were gonna call him Tonka toy for now on.”

The Ugly:
    J Rod- 6th time he said it. “Everybody look, the John Deer’s about to get sideways”
    Last edited by my 1 88 u; 05-11-2005, 09:59 AM.

ok.

Comment

Nice, I love it.
      I have my own thread and appreciate the fact that everybody does listen.
      I challenge you guys to speak to a wide spread demographic for 8 hours + and be technical and entertaining without copying yourself a few times.

Thanks again for the thread, It's flattering to know you're listening!

Anybody catch the Will Ferrel quote about the Dodge Stratus?

Let me know what you like and dislike, constructive criticism here it's all love and I;m just like you down for the sport.

All the drifters got my back anyways,

Peace,

Comment

Hehe, at Wall , bubba drift was up and he hit a haystack, he said
        "Damn Bubba Drift from the south just had to hit the haystack!". Haha, funny.

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u
          The Ugly:
          J Rod- 6th time he said it. “Everybody look, the John Deer’s about to get sideways”
          J-Rod - I though this saying was appropriate considering we were in the dirty, dirty south. The people sitting near me thought that was the greatest. Anyway, I though you did a great job. Unfortunately, my formula drift trek is over for the year. Good luck with the rest of the venues.

Comment

I GOT YOUR BACK J-ROD

I think for what you have to do and the variety of people you have to appeal to, you do a damn good job

see ya when you get back into town

Comment

Thanks man,
              Peace,

Comment

I'm with you too J-Rod. I deal with tons of people a day, you can't make everyone happy.

Comment

i completely understand where both sides are coming from. but i think because you are not a drifter you don't know what you are talking about (no offense) you should just try to do your best, as i know you are. Just don't try to be technical unless you know what you are talking about. do some research or something. you are very awesome when you know what you are talking about or what you said made sense. for example, you said chris forsberg and dai yoshi are good friends. that sounds true. for a bad example, in houston last year, koguchi was having some problems. it's ok that you did not know what it was but don't don'r just blurt some out. when he was trying to burn-out it was apparent something was wrong. you pumped up the crowd when he was stuck and nothing happend. and then you said he had shifter problems. what is a shifter problem. Say something like "i think he's having problems with his clutch" or " he's having some technical difficulties"

sorry no cliff notes

Comment

J-Rod, your comets are usually good, except for a few, but that happens, the only thing i grpie about is about the K-Style 180SX, i dont like it being called 'the sil-camino' id rather hear it has the 'k-style 180'

Comment

I think J Rod needs a knowledgeable/nerdy co announcer to parry with.

Comment

J-Rod is a good announcer, the only thing that really got me (and alot of other people at Wall) pissed was when after a run by one of the top 32, the track guys gotta go out there and set up the cones, J-Rod jokingly started making fun of the guy who sets up the cones. YOU KNOW HOW DEGRADING THAT IS!? 1000+ fans there, and J-Rod is bashing on some guy who just wants to get his money and get a show. He did apologize but its still unfair (even if you know the guy) to start making fun of them in that mass audience.

Comment

honestly the only thing that used to bother me about him was mis-info last year about cars and motors and stuff, but this year from what ive been able to and seen on the videos j-rod is diong really good. i also finally got to see my videos from atl and i was cracking up at the ''rhys millen is on bubba's trailer hitch'' and other things.

keep it up. doing fine.

Comment

You can never make everyone happy, hell we have people who love us - then we have others who curse us and do not want to see us at events (because of our vehicle choice).

Keep up the good work J-Rod, don't let people make you get too self conscience.

Comment

Originally posted by z28evans
                              You can never make everyone happy, hell we have people who love us - then we have others who curse us and do not want to see us at events (because of our vehicle choice).

Keep up the good work J-Rod, don't let people make you get too self conscience.
                              nah man, i love the hell-camino, i just think that the camino name shoulnt be ud=sed on a JDM import

Comment

Working...
                              X