Not quite drifting, But my first Touge Kill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not quite drifting, But my first Touge Kill

First of all, as is normal, the names of locations have been omitted. The location was a very famous road that runs over the hills between LA and the San Fernando Valley.

Yes, that's right, I just had my first Touge Battle. My '85 190E 2.3 8v with an Auto tranny (!!) VS SLK 230 Kompressor. The result: 190E..... wins!!!!!

Here's the story:

Coming up _______. I had come down earlier with a hardcore racing friend who was not at all impressed with my performance. So I was working hard on improving my time.

I reach the -------- section, and have to slow down due to traffic. I continue to the _______ turnoff. I pull in behind a silver SLK230 Kompressor. I think to myself "damn, there goes my run. I'm stuck behind this guy...."

before I can finish the thought, the light changes, and the SLK is off like a rocket! I slam on the gas in 2nd and rocket off after him. He's going faster than I ever have taken the corners.

But I think to myself "I can't let this guy get away. Let's show him what an old 190 can do!" And I accellerate after him. I'm close behind him, as we corner at 10-15 MPH over the limit. But he can't get away from me.

My 190 rolls to sickening anglesas we corner. The only thing allowing me to stay in control is my racing wheel. But the 190 is keeping up with it's young relative.

Finally, we reach a hard corner, one with a 15MPH limit. We're doing 35. We slam around the corner, and suddenly, as I acellerate, I feel something odd....

The rear wheels lose grip. The 190 is not exactly sideways, but it, for a glorious moment, is drifting. We round the corner, with me closer than ever.

And the SLK turns his hazards on and pulls over, stops, than moves up along the side of the road and pulls into a side street.

And, so, the 190E, for a short period, remembers it's heritage and is victorious.

I'm in disbelief that my low skill level and humble car allowed me to beat a much newer, and faster, car. But it was a clear win by Touge battle rules, and the other driver acknowledged it.

Dude that is so cool. Benzs are the best....haha...I have a 2002 C230k sports coupe and I am not that good either but i would try not to lose to a 190e which is not supercharged. Anyway, that is a cool story good for you

Comment

damn u are an enthisiastic writer! nice run

Comment

cool, i found i am also much faster behind someone than by myself.

Comment

you should be a writer you express accelaration and climax within your short story bravo!

Comment

Re: Not quite drifting, But my first Touge Kill

Originally posted by Shin_Kudou
            I had come down earlier with a hardcore racing friend who was not at all impressed with my performance.
            LOL

Comment

Good job. Thats why i love the touge. Horsepower doesnt matter, its all skill.

Comment

Props man... That sounds like a really nice run... but I really hate to see people pushing there cars when they arent really prepared for that... if you praticed more then id feel better... but just remeber to wear a seat belt and dont be stupid... also you have a great sense of story telling...

Comment

I wish I could write a school essay like that

Hey I keep hearing "tounge"....what the hell is it? Like a form of racing/drifting like curvy roads?

Noob

Comment

RE:

Touge is Japanese for "mountain road"

Comment

pronounced toe-g@y, i think. thats a good story. dont like the new benzes much, good to see u reppin some old skool players cars, and beat up on the daimler-chrysler crap of benz...just me ranting...

Comment

congrats on ur (first?) kill. And make sure to practice and get that car setup.

Comment

congrat on your first run. Keep practicing on your drift and you will be a good drifter.

Comment

Usually when racing most people dont drift, it will either slow you down or kill you... most drifters from america cant hang on a touge. Also remeber that this isnt Inital D, hitting a guard rail will prolly be the last thing you remeber if you try to bust some of that stuff...

Comment

awesome

dude sounds like u need to send that story to the writers of the 2fast 2furious so they can reinact that i would love to see that for real, sounds like a great race good job

Comment

Working...
                              X