No announcement yet.

Sunday's Drift Session (M3's and AE's)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday's Drift Session (M3's and AE's)

Started the day out by going to the local auto dismantler (scrap yard) and grabed 2 celica supra tires and wheels and took them home. Painted them black to match my black mesh wheels in the front.

Went out, drifted for a while

Sherrif came by and asked if we had permission and we told him that we did (honestly we did) and the guy who knew the owner was there but had left to go get lunch. This is the truth but the officer did not belive us and we were ordered to leave. So we did.
    Came back later that night with:
    2 AE86 coupes, 1 ae hatch, 2 s13's 1 s14, 1 BMW M3

M3
    The bottom right cap was the end, he sat there and burned out to the chords. SOO BAD *Censored**Censored**Censored*

The night went on and i was out making a run and about 2 mins in, i was sliding, nose away from the curb, lifted off, started a drift with the nose towards the curb and i guess i gained enough speed to where the rears didnt spin anymore and it straightend out, jerked the wheel from my hand (no PS) and it lost controll whiping side to side and BOOM hit the curb and sent the car in the air through the weeds/ dirt and came back to a crowd of " OH SH*T you ok?"

Minimal damage, im very lucky for it bent my oil pan and did this to my rim

Changed it out with a spare and was on my way home. First drifting accident and probably not the last.

Thanks for reading/looking at my post

Take care and drive safely
    -Mike

You Rock. Good Luck.

Comment

The night went on and i was out making a run and about 2 mins in, i was sliding, nose away from the curb, lifted off, started a drift with the nose towards the curb and i guess i gained enough speed to where the rears didnt spin anymore and it straightend out, jerked the wheel from my hand (no PS) and it lost controll whiping side to side and BOOM hit the curb and sent the car in the air through the weeds/ dirt and came back to a crowd of " OH SH*T you ok?"

uhm...ive never heard of enough speed that the tires dont spin.... ....and from what you said it sounds like you countersteered to late hence the kickback or " rubberband effect"...no ps or ps wouldnt really manner when the body roll is whipping the car around. Get some suspension work done. out side of that nice pix!

Comment

Originally posted by Drifterlunchb0x
        uhm...ive never heard of enough speed that the tires dont spin.... ....and from what you said it sounds like you countersteered to late hence the kickback or " rubberband effect"...no ps or ps wouldnt really manner when the body roll is whipping the car around. Get some suspension work done. out side of that nice pix!
        The " too much speed" is my best guess. all i know is the tires quit spinning and it understeered. And with the ps or no ps, if i had power steering, your right, the body would have been tossing itself around anyways, but since i dont have it, the wheel was jerked from my hand hence the loss of control.

Thanks for the comment Aiki-Drift and Drifterlunchb0x

Comment

my tip...go faster...and do some upper body work outs. and i applaud you on replying with out being imature about it. and keep it up!! But what you where saying is it sounds like either angle was wrong ( the tires spinning than understeer ) and not enough velocity...hey who knows i might be completly wrong.

Comment

Thanks, i personaly have no idea, i changed direction by lifting off the throttle, and i might not have gave it enough when i lost it, i dont know why. Im lifting weight with my right arm for better e-brake pulls

Not kidding either

Comment

work out both arms alot LOL u might end up looking like u masterbate to much LOL and to initiate with e-brake u dont have to pull really hard just enough to make tires break traction...wich isnt really that much.

Comment

u went the otherway cause u lifted off the throttle, the tires grabbed and there u go...lol...but i'm guessing u figured this out...it's a good technique to put drifts together though...try it sometime...but far away from curbs...lol....glad to see some people practicing and posing...

drift on

Comment

Originally posted by Nemesis
                  u went the otherway cause u lifted off the throttle, the tires grabbed and there u go...lol...but i'm guessing u figured this out...it's a good technique to put drifts together though...try it sometime...but far away from curbs...lol....glad to see some people practicing and posing...

drift on
                  Thats what i was doing, i would keep the drift on throttle, then lift off to change direction and when came the time, i put the throttle back down and id start another drift, so maybe bad timing. Doesnt matter, cant bring the wheel back to life, gotta learn sometime

Comment

Working...
                  X