Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hanging out with Taniguchi

Hey all,

Just got back in from a long few days in deepest, darkest Kent. Arrived late last night after finding out Taniguchi had arrived and was on his way to the hotel, so I thought I'd get there early and have some beers etc. After a few jars last night we got to Brands at around 8am to give anyone who needed it a hand and to supply coffee's etc. and be good boys to Mr Taniguchi. Spent a good few hours chatting sh1t and talking technical stuff with Nob, both in English and through his Manager, Daigo San. The HKS Technical Director was also over from Japan and he talked myself and Matt (Geordie) through some of the trick one-off parts/mods that the S15 had. I took pics of most of the interesting things to me. Spent far too long lying under it checking out all the pimp Ikeya Formula parts. Uber sexy. Anyways, after a full day of waiting around for a practice for tomorrow's lunchtime demo Nob finally got....wait for it....1 lap! Gee Thanks TOCA! Ah well. Spent most of the day watching some form of racing or another....Chilled in the Dunlop hospitality, VIP lounge and some other cool places...Oh and don't tell anyone but Paz stole Nob's apple and Mars bar!

Enjoy the pics

Nob being shown the course in the Monaro course car

Ready

Final mirror check and Nob San's ready for the track. Was a great day hanging out with the master. Was impressed that he was willing to listen to my advice on drifting Brands' too. Very cool guy.
    Last edited by Doricar; 06-05-2005, 06:59 AM.

i love that guy.

Comment

great pictures.
      Thanxs a lot for sharing

any more ?

Comment

bad *Censored**Censored**Censored* mofooo!!

Comment

Is that two oil coolers, or a transmission one too??

Comment

AHHHHHHHH, My favorite driver, my favorite car, I envy you... I would love to meet Taniguchi, such great drifting skills.......

Comment

so has anyone broken the news to him that his nickname means "penis" in many countries that speak the queen's english

awesome pics... wierd how they're still running the factory S15 dash albeit stripped of all plastic shrouds.

Comment

New S15 body scheme sux!

Comment

and i suppose the body scheme on your car and the hks is300 on your icon is much better?

Comment

coool pics man. only if you had a pic of him sliding you whould have taken everything!

btw which camera was tht?

Comment

tiny clip
                      http://www.zippyvideos.com/47222522375515.html

Comment

N.O.B ..... No One Better!!! geez its not (penis)....the guy is a drift icon.very sweet syle!

Comment

lol i know Nobuteru's nickname has been made into No One Better for merchandising, but I find great amusement when he's called Nob, as its slang for penis in most commonwealth countries

btw how'd he take to the track, and what did he think of the Monaro?

Comment

Working...
                          X