Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris “Milano” Kregorian To Run PIRELLIS at FORMULA D Houston

KREGORIAN TO RUN PIRELLIS AT HOUSTON

ROME, Georgia, June 8, 2005 - Pirelli’s rich tradition in motorsports goes back 98 years; during that time, it has won most of this century’s important races and world titles. But most of Pirelli’s success is founded in sports cars racing at historic circuits like the Mille Miglia, Targa Florio, Le Mans, Daytona and Sebring or winning 19 world rally championships with the likes of Subaru and Lancia. Not smoking tires off a Pontiac GTO sliding around a course just inches away from a competitor. Think of two NASCARs sliding out of control, but not really.

Japan’s answer to drag racing for many years, drifting is in only its second year in the US in the form of a six-race series and four exhibitions at Champ Car races called Formula Drift. Pirelli’s venture into the competitive art of drifting begins this weekend in Houston in the third-round of the season as Pasadena, Calif.-based Chris “Milano” Kregorian will slide his Skyline-powered Nissan 240 SX around Reliant Park on P Zero Neros. These are the same P Zero Neros that Pirelli manufactures in its state-of-the-art facility in Rome, Georgia.

Introduced to Pirelli only this past week, Kregorian was not short on his praise for the Neros. “I tested the Neros for the first time at Irwindale Speedway and couldn’t believe that they gave me just the perfect grip for drifting. Plenty of unbelievable smoke too; I can’t wait for the Houston competition,” Kregorian concluded. Either can Pirelli.

Pirelli Tire North America specializes in the manufacture and marketing of high-performance car, light truck and motorcycle tires and currently has four of its highly advanced MIRS (Modular Integrated Robotized System) modules in operation in a new factory in Rome, Georgia, to better serve the American OEM and Replacement markets. For more information, visit the Company's web site at: www.us.pirelli.com.

Hmmm.

Goodluck to Chris!

Comment

Man, that'll be great. The only thing that's better than a smoked Pirelli is a smoked Dunlop or Englebert.

Though Goodyear Blue Streak bias-plys own all!

Comment

good.
        no falken can sponsor my s14 for hard parking.
        team falken- lemme get a set of four 245 40 18 615s.
        ill rep the *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* out of falken on the streets.

Comment

good news!

Comment

Working...
          X