Drifting scouts are coming.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drifting scouts are coming.

Talked to my neighbor the other day and he is a scout master for the Boy Scouts. Told him a little bout drifting and he already knew what it was due to the article in the Boy Scout magazine on Drifting. Don't know how much more mainstream you can get than that. That is apple pies, ma and pa, 3 dog's on the porch American right there.

RE:

Awwwwwwwww man.

Comment

yeah i just got my touge patch. working on getting my shift lock patch next. lol

Comment

Lol

I guess they can stop pinewood derby in favor if D1 junior GP.

Comment

hahahahha

Comment

theylll learn to make coilovers out fo bark and tree sap

Comment

They'll be carving camber plates out of wood before ya know it. I joined not to long ago I'm workin on my power over and manji patches.

Comment

Originally posted by nightracer
                They'll be carving camber plates out of wood before ya know it. I joined not to long ago I'm workin on my power over and manji patches.
                Aint there a secret handshake to.

Comment

I don't think it is bad.Boy Scouts just go camping,to events,and raise money for local charities,organizations,and their community.They'll probably raffle D1 tickets for a trip,lol.And you know they'll bring in the money doing it.

Comment

Although I've never been a scout I used to read Boy's Life Magazine regularly as a child. Articles tended to be written about various topics that guys were interested in. One article that sticks out in my head was around 1987 when they did an article on Ron Wilkerson and BMX Freestyle. It just happened that Wilkerson was an Eagle scout. So...just because there was an article on drifting I wouldn't assume the scouts will officially have anything to do with events or anything of that sort.

Comment

Originally posted by SlideRiceFC
                      One article that sticks out in my head was around 1987 when they did an article on Ron Wilkerson and BMX Freestyle. It just happened that Wilkerson was an Eagle scout.

YEAH!!! Ron Wilkerson. 2Hip, Wilkerson Airlines, um, i thought there was another company he started. maybe not. Damn, i havent rode in a while, like along time. Makes me feel old that i know who Ron Wilkerson is hahaha.

Comment

Haha..yeah, I lost track of him when he was still riding for Haro. I fell out of riding in late 88 when my family moved and I had nobody to ride with. I'm 26 now and every time I get the urge to buy a bike I remind myself that exercise might adversely impact my lifestyle as a lazy slob. Heh.

Originally posted by Scott
                        YEAH!!! Ron Wilkerson. 2Hip, Wilkerson Airlines, um, i thought there was another company he started. maybe not. Damn, i havent rode in a while, like along time. Makes me feel old that i know who Ron Wilkerson is hahaha.

Comment

yup. everynow and then when i back to my home town to visit family i go to the skatepark, and i try to ride like i used to. doesnt work out to well. i try to do all the things i used to and they just can be done when you only ride every so often. oh well.

Comment

I rode a friend's bike not too long ago...so different now...small handlebars and seats. Maybe when I visit my folks I can dig my old 87 Diamond Back Mike Dominguez signature model out of their attic. I bet the tires have rotted off. Man...feeling a tad like a thread jacker at the moment.

Originally posted by Scott
                            yup. everynow and then when i back to my home town to visit family i go to the skatepark, and i try to ride like i used to. doesnt work out to well. i try to do all the things i used to and they just can be done when you only ride every so often. oh well.

Comment

My step dad still has his old SE PK Ripper. aluminum baby....hahaha.

You guys talk about 4ag and ka24 and i will talk about dis bike shiiiiiiit all day lol. Or turntables. Either way.

Comment

Working...
                              X