More Variety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Variety

i was thinkin, rather than goin through the trouble of importing SR from us(japanese) and puttin it in the 240's in the states, i wonder if anyone has thought of using the KA or some other USDM car( other than the ones you see in FD)
    For example
    Since americans are comin back with the Big 4Dr, high hp, FR car, i was thinkin why not a Hemi 300C with a Viper MT and a locked diff( or does it come with a good diff?)......or maybe a Dodge Magnum using the same formula?
    I know some people turbo KA's but has anyone thought of goin the NA route? Carbed, High compression= Peak Performance/Responsiveness at all times compared to Turbo= Peak Performance/Responsivness when boost kicks in
    Of couse these dream ideas a crapload of money.....but you know, i just wanted to know if anyone thought like i do, ofcourse, im not hating of Turbo in anyway by my Turbo-NA comparsion, and i just brought of the opinion of other around me on the little island i inhabit about the SR importing you're free to state ur opinion of course- then again this maybe has been asked soo many time before me.....

Originally posted by Oki Drifter
    i was thinkin, rather than goin through the trouble of importing SR from us(japanese) and puttin it in the 240's in the states, i wonder if anyone has thought of using the KA or some other USDM car( other than the ones you see in FD)
    For example
    Since americans are comin back with the Big 4Dr, high hp, FR car, i was thinkin why not a Hemi 300C with a Viper MT and a locked diff( or does it come with a good diff?)......or maybe a Dodge Magnum using the same formula?
    I know some people turbo KA's but has anyone thought of goin the NA route? Carbed, High compression= Peak Performance/Responsiveness at all times compared to Turbo= Peak Performance/Responsivness when boost kicks in
    Of couse these dream ideas a crapload of money.....but you know, i just wanted to know if anyone thought like i do, ofcourse, im not hating of Turbo in anyway by my Turbo-NA comparsion, and i just brought of the opinion of other around me on the little island i inhabit about the SR importing you're free to state ur opinion of course- then again this maybe has been asked soo many time before me.....
    i don't think people like using US cars because they are uber heavy compared to the weight of a 240,hatchi aka corolla, or FC, just to name a few. plus they are usually easier to find. I mean i haven't seen a mustang forsale in my area for a while but have found many of the japanese FR's and for cheap compared to the US FR's but you ofcourse already said about the cost. This is just my opinion and I don't look down opon domestics at all, I wish i had the money for the new mustang...they are bad *Censored**Censored**Censored*

Comment

you drive whatever your budget allows. modifying a 15 year old car with tons of aftermarket parts available is a lot more cheaper to crash than a brand new $30k+ 300c or magnum. also it would require a lot of custom made parts, as the availability of parts suck

Comment

I'd love to drive a drift 300C, magnum, corvette, towncar, mustang ect.

It's the cost thing.

Comment

Well not only that...about getting into some older muscle cars.

They're awesome cars the weights the huge issue. I believe the after market is great for them as well.

I think if you wanna insure an old muscle car compare to a 80-90s import, I think the imports are cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickdmarz
            Well not only that...about getting into some older muscle cars.

They're awesome cars the weights the huge issue. I believe the after market is great for them as well.

I think if you wanna insure an old muscle car compare to a 80-90s import, I think the imports are cheaper.
            yah there was a thread a last week about a drift alliance member drifting an older camero. I'll try to find it

Comment

i found it http://www.drifting.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14633

Comment

I'd love to build an old muscle car as well, but again the costs are very high for thoes as well.

I can't imagine Ryan would run that camero in competition. The repair bills would be expensive, as well as removing alot of the value off of the car becasue it's been "raced". But hey if enough money starts getting poured into the sport I can see a series or class with show quality cars of different vintages.

Comment

Cuz those cars are SOOOO valuable. (rolls eyes)

Comment

There is nothing wrong with a muscle/drift car
                    Just not a heavy one, like a dart or cougar or corvair

I personally started on a Nova fasback drift car but it needed more money and time than i had planned, then i got a celica supra instead

Comment

Originally posted by driftersil80
                      Cuz those cars are SOOOO valuable. (rolls eyes)

Compared to an s13 with a sr20 swap? Hell yea.

Comment

I used to work at a Chrysler dealership, and I spent lots of time dreaming about making a drift 300. Taking a base 300, then taking a hemi out of a 1500 Ram with its 6 spd, custom pedals which would include a clutch pedal, stripped and caged out with lightweight body panels, on some 20s, totally sweet. Then I realized I got paid 9 bux an hr. Yeah, dream died fast. 20K for a new 300 plus all the custom work of having to buy the engine set, a custom diff, cage, ton of work that I would have to learn how to do, and tools I would have to buy to do it myself. If someone out there wants to sponsor my dream, that would be sweet, but I doubt it.

Comment

I always thought the Newer Cougars had a decent Shape to'em, the only prob. I could think of with them would be the engine, but then again Id like to see a 80's/late 90's mustang drifted as well.
                          Last edited by Dizzyirishguy; 06-16-2005, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Arent those front-wheel drive?

Comment

Im pretty sure they ar, but if money isnt an issue, then i would mine seeing on eof them with a RWd setup. Alot of Custom work but hey anythings possible now days.

Comment

Working...
                              X