DRIFTING at CHAMP CAR (This Weekend) CLEVELAND, June 24-26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DRIFTING at CHAMP CAR (This Weekend) CLEVELAND, June 24-26

FORMULA D JOINS CHAMP CAR AND SPEED WORLD CHALLENGE AT CLEVELAND GP Source:MediaWide Marketing

Formula D slides into Cleveland this weekend (June 24-26) to add to the rubber on the runways of Cleveland's Burke Lakefront Airport with the 750-horsepower turbocharged Champ Cars for the 24th Annual Champ Car Grand Prix of Cleveland. Also participating in the three-day performance party will be the SPEED World Challenge GT and Touring Car series and the Mazda Extreme Street car show, with additional racing action from Toyota Atlantic, Trans-Am and the Formula Ford Zetec Cooper Championship Series. Ken Gushi, winner of the recent Formula D Championship round in Houston, and his Toyo Tires Ford Mustang will be joined by Formula D pro's Dai Yoshihara (Pacific Rim S13), Andy Yen (JIC S15), Ernie Fixmer (TK), Casper Canul (TK) and Ben Schwartz (TK) for an hour of choreographed and tandem runs on the 2.1 miles of airport tarmac.

Tickets are available for as little as $20, which buys a "Twilight Ticket" allowing access to the event at 4pm ET in time to catch the Formula D exhibition, SPEED World Challenge races, and Mazda Extreme Street. To purchase tickets call 888/817-RACE

This'll be a good demo, and I'm hoping that the drivers are as charged as us fans that Formula Drift is coming to town. Hope that there's a good turn-out for both Speed World Challenge and Formula Drift so that we can get *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ing Kahlkhoven and *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ing Gentilozzi to leave our town.

Comment

Conrad Grunewald driving the Motorsport Dynamics S14 is also scheduled to run at the Cleveland Champ Car GP drift demo.
      Last edited by Hubert Young; 06-22-2005, 12:36 PM.
      Hubert Young
      KORE 8 Films

Comment

Ken Gushi, Dai Yoshihara, Ernie Fixmer, Conrad Grunewald, Casper Canul, and Mike Peters (El Camino) will all be in Cleveland.

Comment

Good times will be had by ALL!!!
          The Champ Car fans will go NUTS I promise, just watch!!!!
          It's ridiculous!!!!

Comment

Have fun you guys, I wish I could be there!!!!!!!!!
            Hubert Young
            KORE 8 Films

Comment

Well, unfortunately due to racing commitments (FCR challenge at Rt 93 Raceway - slot cars) I wasn't able to attend, but I do have some questions for the attendees and drivers.

#1 - So, how do you guys feel about Burke-Lakefront as a course and Cleveland as a location?

#2 - Did any of you also get a chance to stop by the Midwest Supermodified Association's display and take a look at the Supermodifieds?

Comment

1) the track was craaaaaaazy fun, it was sooooo big and open. it was an absolute blast to drift on , and grass to grass/wall manji was sooo fun on that course.

2) me and my freind saw the booth, and stopped by while we were wondering around, looked well setup and they had a lot of people there answering questions and stuff if thats waht you were asking, well setup/ran booth.

Comment

Glad that you stopped by Mike. Most of the people there were either drivers or team members who were volunteering that weekend to help spread the word about the MSA. We're (that is, the Ohio supermodified crowd) all very proud of finally getting the chance to display our machines and our racing - which mostly takes place in Cleveland's backyard - at Ohio's premier racing event.

To give you an idea of the performance of those machines, the top qualifier at Toledo Speedway this year (which is a 1/2 mile oval about the same size as Irwindale) lapped the track in 13.266seconds.

Comment

yeah looking at those things you know they had to be pretty quick, the offset engines was only outdone by the sheer awesomeness of one of the blue zebra print drivers seats. but those cars were pretty pimp.

Comment

Working...
                    X