The Death Of An S14, Birth Of An R32

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Death Of An S14, Birth Of An R32

I have been poking around the site for a few months now, and I had intended to post a picture of my S14 for you all to see... I have been drifting for years on the touge in my town and across the province. My luck however ran out two months ago, and I rolled and flipped my car into a mountain. I almost hit a woodland creature and that resulted in too much swing, I cleared the corner and kept it off the gaurdrail and the inside wall. It would not have been the first time I wrecked the body, I had just completed $16,000 in repairs and though having to repair again would have sucked.. It was not an option. Instead of hurtling through the underbrush and coming to a stop, this time I made contact with a fallen tree. Instant airborn. Interesting ride though, like a rough carnival attraction. I was not hurt in the crash, however crawling out of the wreckage I grazed my finger on some poison oak

So I will now post pictures of the R32 I picked up to replace my wrecked pride and joy. If I can figure out how to make this thing function.

Um.. how do you post pictures.. It does not seem to work properly.

dude...that sucks...at least your ok, except for your poor little finger.

and try uploading the pics to www.photobucket.com

Comment

she get stuck!

Comment

Ok... I logged into photobucket.com and I have the same name there. ChasDuran. If you want to check out the pictures there is a before and after of the s14 and some new pictures of the r32. Hope that works out for you.

Comment

Just out of curiosity, why drop 16 large on repairs for your S14 when a new S14 (that you could transfer all your mods to) costs less than 10 grand?
          Last edited by UberSpeed; 07-08-2005, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Dang, that sucks. I too wonder why you spent 16K on repairs at all.. You could have spent some like 7K and got another S14..

Nice R32 though, but not my taste, gotta have the 2 door, the 4 doors are nasty to me.
            Dont get me wrong, my favorite car is a r32 gtr or gts-t

Lookin good though, best of luck with your new nissan and watch for woodland creatures

Comment

Originally posted by UberSpeed
              Just out of curiosity, why drop 16 large on repairs for your S14 when a new S14 (that you could transfer all your mods to) costs less than grand?
              if you can find me a s14 for less than a grand, ill kiss your shoes clean.

Comment

I had memories in that s14... It was my first car, and I could afford it.

Primarily, coming from the family background I had... Having something that nice was a statistical improbobility. Most of the people I grew up with are still on welfare and have multiple children and nasty habits. I wanted to maintain that car because it was part of the proof that I could make something of myself.

Now that I have lost it.. I doubt I would repair the r32 to the same extent if it were in an accident.

In my area I could have picked up a used s14 for $10K but I would just as soon repair the one I was used to and felt a sort of bond with...

(Don't ask about what memories were in that car... If you speculate, you are likely able to guess. )

Comment

Oh... and I'm going for more of a daily driven luxury feel for the 32. I cannot tempt myself into having another accident. I will pick up an 86 for that... As soon as I find a decent one.

My car insurance is around $1,200... A MONTH! Or $12,000... A YEAR!

Thank god for Primerica, and high net worth clients. Without the ability to step up my business, I would never be able to afford that jump.

I'm looking to pick up an 86 by winter time if anybody knows where I might find one with minimal rust.

Comment

sexy 4 door 0.o

Comment

Sry to hear about your wreck dude, very unfortunate. On the R-32 just try to stay away from fugly body kits like that front bumper on the s-14. I know it was your baby and everything but dude, that's one of the kits that is always brought up when people talk about ugly body kits, not a good sign. Good luck with the skyline and i'm glad you're alright.

-peace

Comment

Originally posted by ChasDuran
                        Oh... and I'm going for more of a daily driven luxury feel for the 32. I cannot tempt myself into having another accident. I will pick up an 86 for that... As soon as I find a decent one.

My car insurance is around $1,200... A MONTH! Or $12,000... A YEAR!

Thank god for Primerica, and high net worth clients. Without the ability to step up my business, I would never be able to afford that jump.

I'm looking to pick up an 86 by winter time if anybody knows where I might find one with minimal rust.
                        Ill give you mine for $1500 but your a good distance away from me.

Comment

Originally posted by FluffyBunnyFeet
                          if you can find me a s14 for less than a grand, ill kiss your shoes clean.
                          Ya I meant to throw a 10 in front of "Grand" which i now fixed. Silly me.
                          Thanks for the correction.

Comment

My front bumper was not ugly! Damnit... It took me years to settle on something that looked mean enough to match the way a drove. In addition I custom moded the sideskirts to leave gaps between the front fender and skirt, as well as the back fender and skirt.

Picture this... Tenzo Mach 10 wheels, black with a red pinstripe (I had them in transit when I crashed) Also red neon going UP the front fender behind the wheel, as well as UP the quarter panel before the rear wheel... the sides of the car glowing, not just the ground.

When you are flying through the mountain looking like that at 3AM you are viewed as a Bou Sou Zoku.

I never met anyone that thought it was ugly on my car until now... I hope you jest!

(edit) Nice quiz 180maniac... You Are: Fujiwara bunta! HA! Whos Your Daddy! Thats right Im your Daddy...
                            Last edited by ChasDuran; 07-11-2005, 11:39 AM.

Comment

great looking car there. liking the gtr bonnet. hehe my insurance on my car ( ca18det sil-80 is only 400$ a yr :P

Comment

Working...
                              X