Fb Gsl-se??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fb Gsl-se??

hey,i was wondering,would it be a good deal to buy a 85' gsl-se,leather interior,power steering,13b engine,135hp 133ft lbs,i think its a great deal for 500/or best offer...i might go for it.

i was wondering if anyone can give me a good site about the FB models,i've been to RX7club.com already,im looking for specs and stuff haha,i need to know more before i buy it... thanks

Comment

have you tried nopistons.com. oh and the chassis code on some is sa22, i think the first year or something.

Comment

i will check nopistons.com thank you

Comment

i was thinking of doing a full inspection on the car,compression test,all out...what should i look for on a FB model?..and what is good compression and bad compression? thanks

Comment

500 or best offer for a GSL SE~!? thats a hell of a deal man. those ones are hard to come by these days. some FBs are worth as much as FCs. you should try teamfc3s.org, they have from 1st gens to 3rd gens for sale

Comment

ITS A SA not a FB wth is a FB?

Comment

Some first gens were FB's and some were SA22's. But a running GSL-SE for $500 is a deal that I would not pass up!!!!!! Grab it before someone else does!! Just my .02

Zach

Comment

Originally posted by swifty949
                  ITS A SA not a FB wth is a FB?

its deffinatly an FB...its an 85'...84' and 85' are FB rest of the older 1rst gens are SA22's...i also found a pretty good deal on a 87' non-running TII 2000/bo but i might trade him my 87 running FC and $800...im am finding great deals...lol ...now im stuck on what to get...a non-running TII or a running FB...or maybe both if someone wants to buy my non-running silver N/A FC for $250,i have a bunch of parts included...i cant go lower then 250 or i wont be able to get both the FB and TII FC...

Comment

yeah that would be an FB and a mighty good find at that

I think only the 79 models were sa22's and i think all First gen's in Japan were SA22's....but not positive. there was a whole thread about it somewhere around here. If anyone wants to clear this up that would be good.
                    Last edited by RotaDrift; 06-23-2005, 05:32 PM.

Comment

ok wow intresting, http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/enc...azda_RX-71.htm

i learned something new today. wierd that the info is on a astronomy website?

Comment

Originally posted by swifty949
                        ok wow intresting, http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/enc...azda_RX-71.htm

i learned something new today. wierd that the info is on a astronomy website?

Series 1 through 3 were the first generation of RX-7s. Series 1 refers to the "SA22C" cars, sold as 1979 and 1980 Quick Facts about: model year
                        Quick Summary not found for this subjectmodel years. Series 2 (from then on called "FB"s, referring to their Quick Facts about: vehicle identification number
                        Quick Summary not found for this subjectvehicle identification number, which begins JM1FB) refers to the 1981-1983 model years, which had wraparound taillights and updated engine control components. The Series 3 refers to the 1984-1985 model years which featured an updated lower front fascia and different gauge display layout – The S3 RX-7 is the only rotary-engined car to not have a centrally mounted tachometer. The GSL-SE model (S3 only) had a Quick Facts about: fuel injected
                        Quick Summary not found for this subjectfuel injected 1.3L 13B engine and stronger drivetrain components.

In Japan, Mazda sold the RX-7 as the Savanna, replacing the RX-3.

^ thats off your little website their...that should clear it up.

Comment

does anyone have a sight that tells me about the 84-85 GSL-SE model,and GS model?...that other 85' GSL-SE is already gone,i shoulda bought it when i first saw it,but there are 2 other 1rst gens im looking at,1 is a 84' GS model 1000/bo,and theres a 85' im not sure if its a gsl-se or a gs yet,i will find out soon though,i might pick up that 84' GS,i bet i could get him down to $300 or $400 i'll act wicked picky...lol

Comment

there's a lot of differences between the GSL-SE and the GS. Different motors, GSL-SE has a 6-port 13b where as the GS has a carb'd 12A, GSL-SE has better brakes, drivetrain etc.

Comment

here is a pic of my drift fb
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X