auto tech school?which one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• auto tech school?which one?

I know this isn't about drifting but I was wondering if anyone here know's anything about technical schools for cars. Right now i'm looking at UTI. I know there's others but i'm not sure which one to go to.

Are they worth it?

Which school do you guys recommend for those of you that have been to one?

thank you

I was also thinking about UTI...

Comment

I will definetly not suggest Apex if your in the N.Y ,N.J .area . I went there. They are not very performance minded. You kinda feel like you wasted money after graduation .

Comment

None of the schools here in the U.S. offer programs for Japanese cars.

Comment

wyo tech is probaly the most well rounded one. there's a school in houston that is completely based around customization of all vehicles they even got a race track...i forgot...jus go to yahoo or google and type in car college houston texas..or something like that, your bound to find it..

Comment

kinda sounds like uti except for the track part.

Comment

Well, try your local Junior College they usually have some type of automotivve program....but also they have some type of dealership sponsor.... the Automotive Technology department at the JC I go to has the Toyota T-Ten program and they pay you as you work (at a Toyota dealership) and take classes at the JC....the other JC near me has the ASSET program which Ford runs...Iono about any Nissan sponsored programs hmm.....To answer your question...IONO...I always thought those places would show you HOW to do things and not WHY you do things....But then again I've never been to those schools so I really can't say whether or not they are good I can say that the JC stuff is very good though....

Comment

There is a very small one here my town, but have no programs with any manufacturers.

Comment

Well i'm going to attend lincoln tech in february, so i'll tell you how it is there.They have a lot of manufacturers backing it(BMW, mercedes,nissan,toyota, mazda, a few others)They also help get you a job in the auto industry while going to school.Also have this "top gun" program where, if you qualify, can intern for BMW(the company im gunning for) for 13 weeks(work on bimmers) and hopefully get a job from them.

Auto technician isn't a bad career, alot of job openings in the near future and good pay.If you become a master technician(after tests) you can earn 70-100k depending on where/who you work for.Or eventually open your own shop whether or not it is performance geared.

Comment

The lincoln tech i am attending is in union,NJ btw.They have a few scattered around the country.

Comment

Wyotech and UTI.

Comment

i'm taking 16.5 units at the local JC. we got a killer program. then next semester i plan to go to UTI in Los Angeles.

Comment

Working...
                        X