1jz-gte swap in sc300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1jz-gte swap in sc300

Has anyone here performed or know someone who has performed a 1jz-gte swap in a sc300?

!

theres an article about it in SS mag but i dont kno which year
    pm me if u want me to find out

Comment

Do you know if it goes into detail or does it just talk about how it can be done.

Comment

Just turbo the engine that you have.

Comment

I don't have a sc300. I'm looking at getting one though and I would like to drop a 1jz in there. Or even a 2jz-gte but they're too expensive. I, myself, would rather not turbo charge a n/a motor. I'm just looking for info on the swap right now, it's a rare swap right now. Hopefully more info will come up somewhere soon.

Comment

theres a place in northern Florida that does that kind of swap on SC300 and SC400. A friend of mine from Virginia Beach almost bought a SC300 with a 2JZ swap after driving one of their cars. Sorry I cant remember the shop's name.

Comment

Why would you not want to turbo the engine thats in the car?

1jz is cheaper for a reason, it hasnt been done much for a reason... Turbos are no good when you try to push more boost than whats set at stock.

They're Ceramic and will break very easily if you're out trying to Drift or even Drag/street racing. Which will be easy to do since the 1jz is a bit more 'torquey' on the low end due to the parallel setup.

By the time you purchase all of the parts needed to get that thing to run right you'll be kicking yourself for not waiting on the sequential steel turbined 2JZ......the tightest/toughest engine out there.

My 2 cents....but it's your dime.
              Last edited by DriftGirl; 01-10-2004, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Or, just buy a 2jz. Someone on these boards has done it, ill ask them if i can post there aim screenname.

Comment

Originally posted by DriftGirl
                  My 2 cents....but it's your dime.
                  He's prob wishin you were his dime but not what this thread is about. Nice quip though.

I kinda agree with Emerald here, but kinda no.

1. Unless you need the car to run until you swap a built engine (and you want to build it outside the car, which I usually prefer), turbo what you have, for money, simplicity, and performance.

2. If you want to swap a stock engine, go 2jz.

3. But if you want performance, I personally have no beef with the 1jz, but aftermarket turbos are always recommended for big boost. Easier than turbo-ing an na, if difficulty is the reason you prefer not to go that route.

Comment

LoL!!

I agree 100%. but it seems as though 'cost' is a driving factor with him...if thats the case just turbo the 6 thats in it. rather than pulling a motor to install a 'built' 1jz....when you should save a lil more and get the 2jz and be done with it.

Ive been eyeballin another 300 lately myself... best of both worlds: Lux/performance

hope ya find one!!

Comment

A 2jz-gte supra front clip(jdm) costs around $6500, installation is about $12k-$15k. So you're looking at around $20K-$25 for the package. You also have to have a Supra rear axle put in place and a custom drive shaft made.

A turbo kit, depending on what brand, F-Max, Toyomoto, etc. will cost between $5k-$9k, some installed, some not. I'd also have to find an SC with low miles.

Or get a newer 1jz-gte front clip(chaser, soarer, mark II) w/vvti for about $3k let it sit for a while, build it up a little bit. But not sure how much it would cost??

For right now I think i'm gonna stick with the 1JZ.

Comment

Uh, Where are yoo getting these prices from?

surely you wouldnt boost a car based on its 'mileage'? Have you built any engines before?

You'll have it sitting for a while

Comment

and the bad info?

Comment

Hey soarer, chaser, send me an email telling me what you want in this car: hp, revs, luxuries, suspension, aero, etc (miles if you just have a preference of current shape but I will prob rebuild the motor depending on the number of mods we're talkin). I will give you my price to do the same work along with parts. Maybe we can work something out. Oh and a timeline if you have one thought up...

Comment

don't really know why I said "same work"

but I will give you a recommendation for engine/boost and my price for doing it.

Comment

Working...
                              X