• rx7 or supra

which is a better all around car

rx7 or supra

tell me why u think so
    rx7
    70.00%
    supra
    30.00%
    Last edited by ae86er; 01-11-2004, 02:11 AM.

what year of both? fc or fd...what year for supra? i heard the fd had problems with its rotary engines..well the older ones..(92-93)..so i put in a vote for the supra because its a nice sturdy car...and what are u gonna do with the car?

Comment

The Supra is a gar with a great engine, but is crippled by its weight.

The RX7, on the other hand, is one of the best drift machines around. It's light, perfectly balanced, and makes good power. The RX7 is the obvious winner here.

Comment

he said all around car...the supras heavy weight makes it safe for inexperienced drivers on the road and has a great engine like u said..an rx7 needs to be maintainned carefully and very often...if it was for drifting and i knew how to maintain a rotary engine...im with u shin...but i would have to say the best all around car for this job is the supra...you can lighten it by a few pounds if u remove the back seats but that would ruin the purpose of having an all around car...so its all on personal preference..go out and drive one..but the dealer wont let you get it sideways

Comment

The Supra's 6spd getrag tranny is geared to 204 mph and the a/t is geared to 180 mph.. The 2JZ-GTE is a stout motor and can be pushed to upwards of 900rwhp without problems. The brakes and suspension are good and its a very good platform to build on for anything you choose. Like shin and markese said above it could be lightened and be made to perform better.

The RX-7 is an exceptionally well performing car out the box and its very good drifter. While it's light-weight and precise handling characteristics give the seven the edge over the Supra on the track. Its weakness is it's engine an inability to endure the kind of hell Supras can be put through without grenading.

Its really hard for me to choose since I love both cars. We all know an single-turbo Supras are forces to be reckoned with on the highway. And single-turbo Sevens with suspension are deadly on the track. If you don't want to worry about rotory issues either get the Supra or an LS1 swap for the Seven and go have fun.

Comment

On second thought the RX-7 excells where the Supra doesn't, when its running. Think I'm gona have to go with Mazda on this one.

Comment

having a rx7 and everyone saying our engines arent as reliable, well if your gonna have a performance car, most of them wont loast u over 80k if u drive it hard anyways, and a rotary will last u to about 80k if u push it hard. Yes they do sometimes not last that long, but for a all out performance car, they generally dont have 100k without a rebuild or new turbo, espically if your making some good hp

Comment

RE:

I've driven a Supra, and they're fun cars. I've never driven an RX-7 though, so I can't give an opinion. I don't see how any of you can give an opinion if you haven't driven both or either one of these cars =\

Comment

the Supra and RX7 are two very diffrent cars built to please two difrent driving styles
                  the Supra has allways been a GT car while the RX7 is a pure sports car, you cant really compair the 2..for me..the FC and FD with allways be better than the ma/jz supra due the the fact that they are pure sports car...and for everyone that thinks rotories are un reliable, thats *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*. all you have to do is take care of them(change oil, make sure the coolent is good,reg. maintnace ect) and they will last forever..its the idiots that drive the piss out of them and dont take care of them that give the rotory a bad name..honestly its a better motor than a pistion engine..

Comment

People talk about the rx-7's rotary like its the devil.Jesus, treat it right, maintain it well and its a great performing engine.Back on topic, i feel the better all around car is the 7, if this is a fd vs mkiv.

Comment

supra for sure just raw power out of the box. the fd is lighter than the rz but who cares i would gut it. and drift it.

Comment

Working...
                      X