Any stock KA drifters here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any stock KA drifters here?

I was wondering how many people are drifting stock KAs here. What kind of techniques are you using on the tracks to maintain smooth drifts?

I find myself lacking the technique to keep the drift going since the car is a little underpowered and heavy. Initaiating the drifts are easy but keeping them is a little harder...any suggestions?

i blew up my stock ka

Comment

Sup Ken,

If you feel your car is heavy, why not gut some of the things to
      make it lighter? Take out all seats, spare wheel, etc.

You did awesome at Signal event in Sept. and you pulled off
      some really great drifts, but I guess if you want to hold a drift
      long enough, either you gonna need some more speed or get
      more power (SR, RB, CA, etc.)...

I guess I'll find out just how hard it is in April at the DN event.

Comment

Ya...u gotta remember this is my daily driver too so theres only so much I can do. If it was up to me the interior would be gutted to save some weight....but again...I need that till I get another car.

Make sur eu guys sign up for the Drift Classes next season...it'll be a good chance to meet all the locals and brush up on some skills.

See u then

Comment

There are a few good drifters still on the KA.One that comes to mind(who posts on the net) is a guy named dousan(username on several 240 forums).You can go ask him whatever u'd like on zilvia.net and the other 240 forums.

Edit: I don't know him personally but he seems very knowledgeable and is really in the drifting scene.

Comment

thanks for the info

Comment

My friend has a 1990 Hatchback 240sx with a KA in there. All he has on his motor is a filter, headers, and a n1 exhaust. And his car has enough power to keep the car sliding. I drove his car a few times and its just fine. Though I do keep his car revving pretty high to the point where his motor would like to kill me. (I keep his RPM around 6-7k) Though he does have some suspension though such as cusco coil overs, centerforce clutch, and a STB.

Comment

Im still drifting with my KA (kouki). Ill eventauly get an SR just give me about a year.
                yea, Dropping some weight does help, espesially that heavy A** spare tire, take out back seat also it aint like it useful for anything.LOL

Comment

stock KA24DE....
                  http://www.clubfr.net/media/EricDU.mp4

I do feel a loss of power towards the end of turns but thats what the clutch is for. What kind of diff do u have special K?

Comment

the KA is easy to keep out, but you need somethings to do it. get an LSD and a stiff clutch. you cant exactly power over with the KA, so when the car is starting to straighten out again, clutch kick or pull quick on the ebrake, and try to keep rpms high (not too high, all KAs are on the way out; dropping like flies here.) works for me.

main thing i do is head into the curve really hot, and hope to keep that inertia through the exit.

Comment

you can drift just fine on a KA, obviously you are not going to be able to do outragous smoky drifts and link huge turns together, but you can learn as much as you need on a KA, and then when you go SR your skill level will be better than those that just start out drifting with SR. Just make sure your motor is running in the best condition it can because you need all the power you can get out of that thing. a good lsd will help a lot also. as for techinque. that varies with everyone...i drift on a stock KA and i found you have to carry a lot of speed to do long drifts....hmmm of course the infamous clutch kicking will initiate drifts no problem.....but if you dont have a lsd extending the drifts will become very difficult....and like everyone else has said strip your interior! it makes a huge difference...at least i think so.. .drifting can be fun on a KA !!

Comment

Working...
                      X