Specs on the Pro Stangs??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Specs on the Pro Stangs??

Anyone know where to find the specs/ mods list for JR and Gushi's mustangs? Got a friend that wanted to see what kind of stuff they used(ie. what companies make parts to get them drift ready?) to get the stangs Drift ready. Thanks all!!

Let your friend know that we are coming out with an entire line of products for Drift Mustangs including a ton of parts used on the Falken Tire Drift Mustang as well as serious parts for SN95 Gen I and Gen II's. Some of the parts on JR's car are very much one off but most of the contributing sponsors saw the need and potential to release their parts to the aftermarket through us. What year is his car and how serious of a car does he want to build?

Comment

Originally posted by X-M-P Guru
      Let your friend know that we are coming out with an entire line of products for Drift Mustangs including a ton of parts used on the Falken Tire Drift Mustang as well as serious parts for SN95 Gen I and Gen II's. Some of the parts on JR's car are very much one off but most of the contributing sponsors saw the need and potential to release their parts to the aftermarket through us. What year is his car and how serious of a car does he want to build?
      Its a 05 GT, just like JR's. He's goin to be daily driving it but he's going to take it to as many drift events as he can(ie. Drift Days, Driver's searches, etc.) and he's planning on Supercharging it and going with the Tein Coilovers. But from there we're not sure what else is availible for the 05 stang to get it more drift ready. Any help XMP would be awesome!!

Comment

We have all sorts of parts, even better than what is currently on JR's car that he will be getting on hopefully by Irwindale. we have adjustable sway bars, adjustable lower control arms, new upper arm, pan hard bars, the NEW TEIN EDFC's are in, adjustable sway bar end links with heim joints instead of ball joints, modified front spindles, steering racks, rack bushings, front control arm bushings, camber plates, rear shock tower braces (very important), sub frame connectors (weld in) Baer Racing 6 piston lightweight billet brakes, hydraulic e-brakes, seats, gauges and of course the 3D Carbon body kit with some seriously new trick wider fenders coming out soon too....... and for just about every year too, not just the new 2005s.

Comment

It's great to see a Mustang specific company supporting it for drifting. Though I drive an RX-7, I love to see all cars being done up right and seeing them sideways. Good on you for all of your support and I really hope that your company has great success with this new venture.

Zach

Comment

Yeah Eric's shop did a great job on JR's car. I can tell you first hand from working right next to Eric in the Falken pit that his Mustangs run hard. It's apparent from the guys at the track days that run stock mustangs that they need work just like any car to be ready to hit a draft track.

Next time JR and Tony run though Eric... we will see what's up

Comment

We have all sorts of parts, even better than what is currently on JR's car that he will be getting on hopefully by Irwindale. we have adjustable sway bars, adjustable lower control arms, new upper arm, pan hard bars, the NEW TEIN EDFC's are in, adjustable sway bar end links with heim joints instead of ball joints, modified front spindles, steering racks, rack bushings, front control arm bushings, camber plates, rear shock tower braces (very important), sub frame connectors (weld in) Baer Racing 6 piston lightweight billet brakes, hydraulic e-brakes, seats, gauges and of course the 3D Carbon body kit with some seriously new trick wider fenders coming out soon too....... and for just about every year too, not just the new 2005s.
              What is your price for the Tein's and the 3D carbon kit?

Comment

XMP- I also wanted to ask you what kind of problems that one should know about when drifting the new Stangs. What kind of advise can you pass on to other 05 stang drifters?

Thanks

Comment

DV19's got me interested in mustangs now that the states are gettin like here in japan(Silvias, Silvias, and MORE Silvias everywhere)
                  I wonder, how much are parts costs? are they as cheap and affordable like their import counterparts

Comment

Originally posted by SidewayzRacer
                    XMP- I also wanted to ask you what kind of problems that one should know about when drifting the new Stangs. What kind of advise can you pass on to other 05 stang drifters?

Thanks
                    Yeah JR's Stang rips like a beast from the east and it completely devastates the tires as soon as the throttle is punched! You have to see it in person because when I did it changed my whole outlook on the Stang konia!!!

Comment

For anyone that wants prices on parts, our online store should be up soon. we will have the 3D kit and TEIN parts up first. Most of the parts for domestic cars are fairly cheap, a good set of header(S) will run about 400 to 500 bucks as an example and make about 25rwhp.

Dave - As far as another rematch....... bring on that ear piercing loud screaming Bi*ch..... oh and the FD too :-)

As far as issues with any Mustang with a big V8, weight is an issue along with massive cooling issues. Both water temps and oil temps can get out of control pretty easy. Otherwise, steering angle can be a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* on the 2004 and below without the right set up. Other than that, weight and suspension balance but those can be easily reworked.

Comment

I have two mustangs, one sn95 I've been building to drift. I'm selling the other one, if anyone needs a nice platform. Ebay auction number 4564562041.

Steering angle is the key on these things, its very lacking, and you'll need very low offset wheels for the additional angle you do find. I've heard 03 cobra control arms help a bit, i've not yet tried, any input?

My black one:

and my red one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4564562041

Enjoy!

Comment

Steering angle can be added by using a torsion bar style front say bar and switching to a tubular lower control arm. the '03 arm is the exact same as any other arm. After that, pull the bellow boots away from the inner tie rods and remove the steering rack limiters. This should get you some serious angle!

Comment

Steering angle can be added by using a torsion bar style front say bar and switching to a tubular lower control arm. the '03 arm is the exact same as any other arm. After that, pull the bellow boots away from the inner tie rods and remove the steering rack limiters. This should get you some serious angle!
                            Tubular control arms and different sway bars will only allow for additional clearance when adding steering angle. They obviously do not add any steering angle by themselves. The rack limiters, when removed, do allow a significant increase in steering angle, but in a Fox/SN95 Mustang, it's hardly what I would call serious angle. To increase steering angles you may want to consider custom spindles or modifying your existing spindles by either shortening the steering arms or welding on another mounting boss for the tie rod ball joint on the spindle. Here the 96+ spindles are problaby the best bet with their straight arms. They will also push the wheel out an additional 8mm per side (when installed on 95 and earlier cars) giving you a little more clearance for more steering angle. Also, somewhat related, an inexpensive needle-bearing U-joint steering shaft replacing the factory rubber rag joint shaft will do wonders for the car and you while drifting.

Comment

cheap needle bearing steering shafts?

Hey driftfox- what cheap needle bearing steering shafts do you have experience with for Mustangs? I only know of the Flaming River shafts, which cost a couple hundred to start with, and even more for the ones intended for SN95's with power racks. How much angle do you have right now? Good tips, btw--from all ya guys.

Comment

Working...
                              X