Jobs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jobs

I am wondering, i've been taking this into though for awhile...I'm wondering what career i should get into so i can be a part of all of this.

I know there's engineering...but i'm more interested in Product Testing, I'm 15 and in highschool, any ideas on what college i should go to.

I watched JDM Insider, and the i saw the kid that was not really hosting it but he was the guy that did all the talking and we got to go everywhere he went. How would i get that as a job, i don't know what the word for his job was, but it seems fun, they goof off and tell us about Japan and Drifting...

Also what about Product Testing, and the different companies i can join. Should i start up here at HKS USA, and then go to Japan?...

well...i dont know...

eh anyone?

Comment

Go to a tech school. Learn how to fabricate, weld, flame cut, etc. etc. Get a buisness degree. Open up your own shop.

Comment

Hmm.. See Me and a few friends have thought this idea over and over, We have a plan to graduate (hard enough) then go to Tech school 4 of us as mechincs and 1 as a busniess major. Then after we all graduate to open a shop, where each of us will hold a share of it and have our own specialty, body, engine, suspension etc...

The best advice I can give you... GO TO SCHOOL! DO NOT SKIP! DONT DO DRUGS DRINK OR ANYTHING ELSE! those are the words I wish I would have listined to...

Comment

Originally posted by panda_3ight_6
          The best advice I can give you... GO TO SCHOOL! DO NOT SKIP! DONT DO DRUGS DRINK OR ANYTHING ELSE! those are the words I wish I would have listined to...
          Ditto- oh yea, dont forget to wear your rubbers peops

Comment

go to florida institute of technology... im not going there at all...well i might go to the airforce academy or west point...but i wont beable to drive...so...probably uof or fit...ive got one more year of hs left and have no clue what i want from my life...car mechanics get sh!t for money...so maybe boeing engineer or somethin

Comment

but you see im a crazy *Censored**Censored**Censored*...i want to be that guy that hosted jdm insider..or whatever..how do i get a job related to that...eh...

Comment

If you want the best school to go to for fabrication or whatnot go to Wyotech. that place is freaking awesome. Talk to anyone that came from there. You can learn an insane amount of stuff from there. Fab, welding, paint anything. My next advice is to take some driving schools. Road license schools, track day's anything. That's the best way to learn how do drive and drive right.

Comment

how much do people who do fabrication and exterior design make?

Comment

hm...what about like 360vm and the dvd makers...or to work for those companies...

Comment

start with small stuff and take public speaking, journalism, or video communications in hs/college..why does ur sig say home jdm insider?

Comment

Start by making your own dvds.

My friend and i have probably the best idea ever. Youll see it in 4 years.

Comment

one of the guys that hosts jdm insider(Toshi) is employed by APEXi, the other guy works for motorex(Hiro). Toshi was also one of the Commentators at the US d1gp.

Comment

You gotta understand that those types of jobs are not easy to come by. Especially if the type of stuff they are doing is very popular, there are probably hundreds if not thousands of other people who would also want that job. There are basically three ways to get there ... number one, know somebody in the business that will hook you up .... number two, work your way through someone elses business to get there ... number three, start your own business. So either start getting to know people in the business, start going to school to learn, or start your own business (which usually requires school as well). My recommendation is to decide what you like doing and find a job doing it. That way work becomes more like play instead of work. If its not gonna happen, then move on to something else you enjoy. Usually people have more than one hobby, so you have alot of options. I went with my hobby of messing with computers (started by interest in graphic design) that eventually led me to a career in Networking. Now that I have that job to support me, I can look into other hobbies and see if there is anything else I would like to do (aka racing related stuff). I guess what I'm saying is that if you cant get a job hosting videos and stuff, maybe look at other things you enjoy and go that route to support yourself first, then move back to the original interest. Good luck!!

Comment

well i like watching movies...is there good paying jobs to just sit back watch movies and write reviews?...and i like magazines..and taking pictures and stuff..

also into asian movies and jdoramas...you name it ive probably seen it

Comment

Working...
                              X