A suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A suggestion

Id lay off the canyon runs and night drifting for awhile. After the bimmer guy died in Newport, and the many crashed/flipped cars, and the closeur of GMR, and the MANY articales on drifting/racing, i hear the cops are really cracking down on moutain racing.

Oh yea, new cali laws:

http://www.chp.ca.gov/html/streetlegal.html

Street racing is illegal. The CHP won't hesitate to take street racers to court.

A first conviction on a street racing violation means:

Minimum county jail sentence of 24 hours and maximum of 90 days.

Vehicle probably impounded for at least 30 days.

Owner responsible for vehicle's towing and storage charges ($1,000 or more).

If owner fails to pay, vehicle could be sold at a lien sale.

Anyone who aids or abets a street race also faces a maximum 90-day jail sentence.

Is this about the guy in the Imola red E46 M3 that was chasing down the Black SMG-II M3 that flipped crashed, burned and one guy ended up being trapped inside and burning to death?

If so I know the deal. If thats what you're talking about, the storys on bimmerforums.com. Some of the bimmer guys posted that on my site back this summer it was a tragedy.

Sucks to be in Cali though you guys get hit with all the laws while the OSP's give us slaps on the wrist. Its a good thing they haven't really taken many stabs at drifting yet. Alot of those laws are just aimed at trends from the import scene. Most of that sh!t is pointless. The Cali dot or whoever makes the traffic laws out there are *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*'s.

I guess that means we midwesterners can still attack the backroads as usual.

Comment

Yea, happend in october. *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* sucks, but thats what happens when you push it to hard. I only have feelings for the passanger.

Comment

The guy in the red car was hell bent on beating the guy in the smg m3.. The red car had 3 ppl in it and the black car only had a driver so it was lighter plus it had the help of an smg. I can find the link and post it later. You guys in cali always get the shaft.

Comment

Yea that sucks. In Ga they take everyone who is watching the race and the racers to jail for the same thing. But no mandatory 24 hour stay. But they all get Exhibition of exceleration/drag racing and wreckless driving. Got that one before. Sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by nightracer
            The guy in the red car was hell bent on beating the guy in the smg m3.. The red car had 3 ppl in it and the black car only had a driver so it was lighter plus it had the help of an smg. I can find the link and post it later. You guys in cali always get the shaft.
            Yea i have a lot of euro friends. That really sucks, what a dumbass.

Yes, we get shafted alot. Hope the new Gov. gives us a break.

Comment

I used to be big into Euros, hence my Jetta and 944. I know a lota ppl in the scene, cool ppl.

Here in Ohio they give the spectators tickets for attending a streetrace and the racers get drag tickets, fines and up to 6 months in Jail but nobody gets jail time. They really don't do much about racing out here. The ricers are too scared to race and the alota the racers can get away.

Comment

Working...
              X