Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My BG5 Legacy - RWD

Shower me with compliments

Thats the neatest thing ever, congrats on showing me something i have never seen.

Comment

that's insane!! how did you make it RWD?

Comment

dont they make a kit that converts subs in to rwds???

Comment

....talk about a topic thats been disussed 5trizzilion times........

Comment

yeah..

one way to do it is to remove the front drive shafts

Comment

theres a guy drifting in australia with a mk1 legacy turbo wagon converted to RWD, thing is crazy!

Comment

Its a topic that has been discussed many times, but not many people have accually done anything about it, nor have given correct information. Besides, this is the picture forum - s13s have been talked about to death and people still post pics of them...

Anyway, I had the center differential TIG welded (with a 250, since the steel is so hard), and then pulled the stub ends from the front axles, since they keep the grease in place in the front spindles and kept those ends in. The couplings to the transmission on the front are dry, so after sliding the roll pin out from each side they pull right off with no fluid leak or anything. The rear end was a cool oem torsen, but I blew it up yesterday, bringing the total duration of rwd BG5 to 3 days!

Comment

keep up the good fight, O RWD SUBARU wagon drifting brother of mine...

you know what you have to do with that diff now...WLSD.

Comment

What I thought was a torsen was really teeth breaking off of the spider gears and jamming the differential to a lock! When I pulled the differential out after complete drive loss 3 days after doing the conversion, there were a whole zero teeth left on the spider gears.

It was TIG-ified the next day, and I have been attempting to dial in the suspension during late night drift sessions.

The doomwagons must get together some time!

Comment

props dude. I like it alot.

Comment

look at this Primera (G20) was a T4 (4WD) but made it into a RWD primera
                        http://www.krazeguy.com/images/krazeguy_rwd_primera.jpg

Comment

Working...
                        X