ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i finally know why neon srt-4's are so freakin cheap...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i finally know why neon srt-4's are so freakin cheap...

http://www.hondahookup.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=77450

they spent more money on engine than safety...freakin bull...

poor guy

Comment

OMG that poor guy that is f***d up beyond belief.

Comment

That salesman oughta have his a$$ kicked for trying something that stupid. He should be fired on the spot. Takin somebody elses life in your hands just to be frickin Mr. Brian Spilner super driver. (no offense to Paul Walker cause he's actually a car guy). Just pathetic.

Comment

Wow that is so fubared dam.

Comment

thats not true that they spent more money on power then safety. any car that rolls is goin to get messed up. It all depends on how fast you were goin. If you tip your car down a hill it will roll 3-4 times and damage wont be massive if your goin 10-20mph when it happens. if your goin 90mph and roll it on a turn you can easly only roll 3-4 times on what u hit and totally destroy the car. The main reason why there are so many wrecked neons is all these wannabes get a fast car and think it can handle.

Comment

I agree with that one. Don't matter what car you are in, you role it 4 times it's coming apart. As for his face, well that wasn't the car, that was the fencepost and that goofball driver.

Read further on and you will see it wasn't even him. That's even more stupid.

Comment

The sh!t kicker was the fence that came through the windshield and damn near ripped off his face. That sucks for him though. The salesman was pushing it way too hard if he rolled it 4 times. I feel for the guy thats really a bad deal. It also sucks for the salesman who'll have to deal with that crap for a long time.

In this case it wouldn't have mattered if he was in a BMW or a dodge, the fence got his face, not the car. If you roll 4 times you've got some serious issues at hand. As for safety of the SRT's be your own judge. The SRT-4's that rolled suffered massive damage whereas the RSX that rolled 4 times was a bit more fortunate.

The SRT-4 that was involved in the accident.

Rolled 3 times

Rolled 4 times

Last edited by nightracer; 01-12-2004, 10:01 PM.

Comment

I was about to bring that up....

Comment

these new cars are too top heavy, roll overs are easier.

Comment

Did anyone ever figure out how they rolled? End over end. slightly to the left, barrrel roll? All that matters in the way the car is going to look. I helped a guy pipe ramp a Caddy limo for a stuntshow and that thing went straight up and landed on the roof. Mashed flat. Looked like it had been through the crusher all around the cage that was put in it. I think that SRT-4's are nice cars. They are fast, cheap and everything that everyone want's cept RWD. I have seen car's cannon rolled 2 timesthat came completely to pieces and ones that rolled 6 times that stayed together pretty well. If you are catching air and landing on the suspension most of the time during the roll you are going to look pretty well. If not and you hit the roof and sides and everything else under the sun, you aren't going to look that well.

All depends on the roll and not as much as the car.

Comment

they rolled passenger side, the guy is on srtforums.com talking about it..

Comment

what happened to the pics thier down.... on that site lol

Comment

Well one thing you have to look at is how the car rolled over, what speed the car rolled over at, and what it was rolling over. You cant really say by just looking at the pictures that the RSX is safer.

Comment

Originally posted by nightracer
                              The sh!t kicker was the fence that came through the windshield and damn near ripped off his face. That sucks for him though. The salesman was pushing it way too hard if he rolled it 4 times. I feel for the guy thats really a bad deal. It also sucks for the salesman who'll have to deal with that crap for a long time.

In this case it wouldn't have mattered if he was in a BMW or a dodge, the fence got his face, not the car. If you roll 4 times you've got some serious issues at hand. As for safety of the SRT's be your own judge. The SRT-4's that rolled suffered massive damage whereas the RSX that rolled 4 times was a bit more fortunate.

The SRT-4 that was involved in the accident.

Rolled 3 times

Rolled 4 times

One more thing you will notice it that the side of the RSX has mud. The RSX may have rolled in mud helping perserve the car whereas the SRT-4 prob not.

Comment

Working...
                              X