Videos of me/friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Videos of me/friends

Okay, here, I found a friend who took some video A LONG TIME AGO of me trying to drift and some stuff we did for a school video. They are hosted on streetfire, and I know it sucks, but im not paying anything to get these hosted so it works fine for me. The first link here is from like...2003? its when I had just started driving...like...sophmore in highschool, it was the summer 2fast 2furious came out, hence the song in the video. im driving all the cars in the video except the civic SI and the bike...I know someone will ask, but NO, im not the kid with the bandana and ghetto wigger gear on that you see on the bike scene. Here is the first link. The video ends after the neon sliding and burning out.

THIS IS NOT DRIFTING

so dont flame me about it, I was just messing around when I had just started driving and I thought Id just put the videos up to let you know where I started.

Click here to see Video

This second video is a little more of a drift oriented video, although I know it still is NOT drifting. I taped the camera to the dashboard and drove around my school parking lot. This video is also about 2 years old as well, when I was just starting to get into drifting. The loud thump you hear just before I turn around was a bump in the road. again...

I KNOW THIS IS NOT DRIFTING

but I dont have any recent videos of how well I can do now. So enjoy...

Click here to see Video

wow those videos were *Censored**Censored**Censored*, and if you didnt want to get flamed go to a diffrent forum...why would you even post something so crappy,and in your post you said you suck then why would you post it anyway.why not get some recent good footage and show that?

Comment

I know they were terrible, like I said, those were probably some of my first attempts of anything remotely close to drifting. Im showing where I started , and like everyone does when they start, they suck. Ive seen several other people new to drifting post videos that were JUST AS BAD, but they got a bunch of 'thumbs up', 'good jobs', "keep up the good work' from users because they had a RWD cars, even though all they were doing was pulling the ebrake at 15 mph and doing 180's. Like with anything you practice, im much better now, and my car is capable of much more.

I would love to get some new videos of how well I can FF drift, and I plan on putting some new ones up to compare to these really shtty ones but I dont have $500 sitting around to spend on a DV camera just to prove to some people online that I can get my car sideways....So you probably are going to ask "why dont you borrow a friends camera?"...Well, I live in southern ohio. Ill tell you right now, the county I live in is like in the top 5 poorest counties in the entire state. I dont even think our local walmart carries digital cameras, because no one here can afford them. Anyways, I was just posting these to get some stuff out there...I bet if you posted some videos of your first drifting attempts, they would be pretty lame too. As soon as I can find someone with a camera, Ill get 3 f'ckin hours worth of footage to show off, just to make you happy...until then, this is all I have. Looking back on these remind me of all the hard work, money, and seat time ive put into learning the techniques and when I compare to how well Im doing now, i can really tell how far ive came and what I've accomplished.

Originally posted by s13daver
      wow those videos were *Censored**Censored**Censored*, and if you didnt want to get flamed go to a diffrent forum...why would you even post something so crappy,and in your post you said you suck then why would you post it anyway.why not get some recent good footage and show that?

Comment

Well everyone has to start somewhere...and a lot of the guys you see out there tearing it up at drift days got their start yankin the ebrake and standing on the gas in an FF car. But a lot of drifting has to do with understanding your car...car control...and the limits of cars & tires etc.

But sometimes, with how people can be online, it's better to keep the video moreso for your benefit...to see when you should get on the gas and more or less on the ebrake, that kind of stuff, to help yourself improve. It's not as discouraging as hearing people on forums give you crap for trying :P Really, your best bet is to go practice, get to the track in whatever you can drive, and switch to RWD ASAP!

Good luck!

Comment

thats why i dont post up my shitty drifting clips because i suck and want to avoid people like myself .when i get decent footage i will make a short video for all to see how much i suck.

Comment

Working...
          X