Pikes Peak Hillclimb on SPEEDTV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pikes Peak Hillclimb on SPEEDTV

Saw Team Falcon drifting in the previews.

Sat, Aug 20 4:00AM
    Sun, Aug 21 6:00PM
    Tue, Aug 23 12:00PM
    Tue, Aug 23 1:00PM
    Tue, Aug 23 4:00AM
    Wed, Aug 24 4:00AM
    on speedtv channel.

http://www.speedtv.com/programs/389/

paved pikes peak

Comment

JR was kicking up alot of smoke out of his mustang around a hairpin, can't wait to watch it

Comment

Originally posted by hatebbobbarker
        paved pikes peak

I'm pretty sure the bottom third has been paved for a while now.

Comment

I've always loved this event, and I'm glad they finally started airing it. I'll never forget reading about Rod Millen's 10 minute monsters. I remember thinking, "How in the world is he getting that much power out of a 120ci 4cyl?"I hope Pikes Peak will always allow unlimited innovations, because it's great seeing what people can come up with when they don't have a restrictive rulebook to go by.

It was especially cool to see Team Falken drifting on the asphalt, although they should've put dirt tires on 'em and run 'em up the entire mountain. The drift Civic was really fun to watch.

Btw, anybody have any info about the Japanese car that ran 11:53 in the unlimited class? It looked like some sort of variation of the FTO.

Comment

Originally posted by BenR
            I'm pretty sure the bottom third has been paved for a while now.
            heard they paved the entire road

Comment

they havent yet, but they probably will soon. erosion, environment, something wrong with the way its been for years, blah blah blah...

it sucks. just another incident of car enthusiasts being steamrolled because of no support in the government.

watching the first segment of that was cool though.

Comment

damn, that sucks.

Comment

my pics from pikes peak

I know this should be in the pics / vids forum, however, I thought it applies...

JR at engineers corner....

Comment

thanks for the pix. I wonder if there is a dvd that covers the uphill, downhill time attack and drifting that they spoke of in the special? The coverage of the team falken drift team was very short.

Comment

Working...
                    X