TAKA's AE86 (Irwindale Crash Photo)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TAKA's AE86 (Irwindale Crash Photo)

High-resolution images will be posted soon.

geez, taka is crashing alot lately

Comment

he's just doing his best to impress the judges.. Its part of the sport either go big or go home.

Comment

he's my hero

Comment

looks like we got our own american crash king

Comment

Taka still ROCKS with the little corolla that could!! Geez.. he almost took down Sam if his car didn't overheat. Hehe

Comment

I felt so bad when alex hit and then when taka hit I almost cried it was a sad day at irwindale, I wanted to see alex and taka up there in the top 4. Too bad for hiro to! Oh well there is next year

Comment

You should turn that into a flipbook....

Comment

Comment

yea, it was sad to see them both crash (alex and taka). but they turned out to be ok after. at least they can comew back bigger and badder next time around.

but in all seriousness, taka and alex were the only guys 100% throttle through that transition.

on a side note: me and a friend (ihatethatbobbarker) were pointing at them when they crashed and were saying "heck yea, thats my instructor there!"

i say alex should get the rsr 350z and taka will build another sweet hachi

Comment

Awesome crash though, should make hilight reels, haha, in all seriouisness, at least they were both okay, because from what ive seen, they were both pretty hard hits. I say Taka builds a Trueno Coupé now!

EDIT, while looking at the animation, it appeard that taka actually almost saed the car, as he had it on two wheels for a while, so he almost got it back on its wheels
                      Last edited by FireEmblem62; 08-29-2005, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Glad to hear that Taka is okay.

Comment

A lot more pics are over on GarageRacing... but those are about the crash... I have never seen a car do an endo before... and you could just tell at least from where I was standing he was gonna hit badly...

Comment

alright... seriously. why didnt they have tire barriers there?....

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierDrifter
                              alright... seriously. why didnt they have tire barriers there?....
                              Because you can't stick tire barriers in every single location.

That and IF there were tire barriers there, instead of the car continuing on a smooth transition (so it seems in the pics provided), the car's momentum would have been caught by the tire barrier...possibly causing a very sudden/violent stop. This could've hurt Taka much more...
                              Last edited by DomLee; 08-29-2005, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X