What do you think i should do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think i should do?

Hello, I am confused and dont know what to do. I have 5000 dollars..I can either..Get my SR20 swap done..Rest of the car stock, Or..I can use that 5000 to buy other things..Like wheels, tires, full suspension and a few other things..And keep the KA for a while. My only reason for buying the SR first is that..I can buy suspension and the other things piece by piece, But with the SR..I need atleast 5 grand to completely do it..And whens the next time im gonna have a straight 5000 dollars? Not very soon. But i could buy coilovers one month, Then wheels the next..Ect..My main focus is drifting..So i dunno what do you peoples think?

Drifting on stock suspension will not be fun, and no offense but you seem like a newbie to drifting(so am I, in fact I really dont drift), and if you are a newbie I doubt you'd be able to drift with stock suspension. I'd say LSD if you don;t have it already, then deal with your suspension, then motor. If you want a swap for reasonably cheap, I'd recommend the RB20, clips are pretty cheap and the swap is easy.

Comment

the cars suspension and brakes and everything else was built to handle the stock engine...build the car up then buy the engine...u can learn better car control while your saving up the money.

Comment

screw it go engine haha my friend was in the same situation. he had 4gs and could of bought the engine for 2gs and swap done for 850. instead he bought a set of tein HEs, used kaaz lsd, apexi strut tower bars, tein tie rods, and some 15in kosei rims. it may seem like thats a good number of mods for drifting and it is. but think of it like this, u gonna drift everyday? or drive everyday.

My opinion get the SR slap in a bov, and mess with some ricers.

since ur mainfocus is drifting dont forget expenses like tires and crap. not to mention risk damaging ur suspension, body etc.

Comment

I'm going to go on what you said.You said the money for a swap will take a while,as for suspension you could do one month,wheels the next.Going on what you said,imo you should swap the engine and put in a LSD of your choice.Then next month the suspension and so forth.The extra power and LSD will make more use of your stock suspension.Even with upgraded suspension,you' llstill be playing with less power,and taking advantage of that will be even harder.I would swap the engine,then you should have some money left for an LSD,a boost gauge,boost controller,or any other misc upgrades you want.Then grab the suspension next month.I rather wait 1 month on suspension that you can get away with(not even a long peroid of time) then wait for an unknown length of time for a 40+hp boost and overall imo a diverse platform to work with.

Comment

if you're getting a good price on the swap then that would be the way to go. or if you dont plan on doing any drifting or hard cornering soon then thats good to. in the end its up to you though.

Comment

3500 on suspension, 1000 on lsd, 500 on used tires.

Comment

my local quote for a red top swap into an s14 is 4900..here is whats included: SR20DET REDTOP Clip Install stage 1 performance pkg ~ 210 RWHP includes:
                low mileage SR20DET full clip, Walbro 255 fuel pump, GReddy 3" Downpipe, SHT boost gauge and pod, GReddy type-s BOV and flange welded to GReddy hot pipe, manual boost controller,
                3" custom cat-back exhaust (choice of N1 style or drager style muffler), all fluids, plugs,
                working and charged a/c, power steering, 30 warranty, and installation of motor and all parts

Good deal??

Comment

Originally posted by 97kouki
                  my local quote for a red top swap into an s14 is 4900..here is whats included: SR20DET REDTOP Clip Install stage 1 performance pkg ~ 210 RWHP includes:
                  low mileage SR20DET full clip, Walbro 255 fuel pump, GReddy 3" Downpipe, SHT boost gauge and pod, GReddy type-s BOV and flange welded to GReddy hot pipe, manual boost controller,
                  3" custom cat-back exhaust (choice of N1 style or drager style muffler), all fluids, plugs,
                  working and charged a/c, power steering, 30 warranty, and installation of motor and all parts

Good deal??
                  what are you doing here you should be on your way to the swap shop and when its done come back and brag about it. GET THE ENGINE anything will drift with enough power behind it. I once drifted a sofa, of course it was being pushed by a truck, but if it had a SR20 in it it would of been golden.

Comment

IMO for drifting the SR is a waste of money. You'd probably have alot more fun with LSD/suspension. If you have enough $$$ once you blow up the KA then go for it!

Comment

Working...
                    X