Dodging an A.P.B. to impound my car.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dodging an A.P.B. to impound my car.

I just had a tow truck driving friend of mine warn me about an all points to impound my car. I asked another buddy to ask around with his family and friends in the police to see if it was true, and DAMN!

Here is the breakdown:

132 Complaints lodged with the precinct. 26 Disruptions logged by the donut shop staff alone, the rest are random people throughout the city.

If they can pinpoint me the car goes straight to the impound lot. At my cost. Then I have to pay for a vehicle inspection, then fix anything they do not approve of, then pay for another inspection.

Not to mention the cost of the infractions.

WTF am I supposed to do! !

I have been hiding in my garage for a week now. I have to go back to work someday!

I may have a good income but that could easily exceed the value of the car. I can not afford that out of the blue.

The complaints are all noise related as far as I can tell. The car has a habit of spitting 3-4 foot flames from the exhaust and sounding off like machine gun fire. I have had that fixed since I learned about my little challenge, but I am still freaked out whenever I have to make a mad dash out for provisions.

ACK!! Help! Anybody know if they could still nab me. I live in Abbotsford, B.C. Canada.

P.S. Is that a record # of complaints... I need to know something funny is coming out of this.

You can always hide it out at my place *they will never look for it in Key West*

IIRC they cant impound your car just on complaints. If they do find you, ask first to see the subpeona. If they cant produce one, tell them nicely to have a nice day or your lawyer will be talking with them.

Comment

i had complaints from a couple people that lived between my house and school. My datsun has webers and straight pipes to a very free flow muffler, it sets of car alarms all the time. Anyway i was driving one day and i some guy took pictures of my car as i drove by on a street called Viro. i didnt think much of it at the time, but a couple weeks later some bastard of a cop pulled me over (for absolutely no reason) in front of the school as i was coming in. He gave me a fix it ticket for like a million different things but on the ticket he wrote that he pulled me over on Viro, when he didnt. i assume this was so he could show that bastard taking pictures that he got me. i had to pay a fine and fix everything, but i havent fixed much. i still drive it but its not my main transportation now. i havent been pulled over since then but cops have defintely seen me and nothing happened. and everytime i drive by the old guy with the cameras house i rev up and set off his car alarm (its a jeep and it sets off really easily)

Comment

yea... i just had to dodge one last night... its soo hard not to drift on public roads..

Comment

Put on a quieter exhaust and fix it so the RB doesn't run rich. Then nobody has anything to complain about.

B-Wurm

Comment

Jeezus...your car must be annoying as hell to have that many complaints. Have a little respect for others and button it up a little. It doesn't take much to quieten your car down a little. I can't stand the cars running around with nothing but a loud azz fart cannon blasting through the neighborhood when they're only going 20mph.

Either way you're going to have to bite the bullet on this one. They'll get you sooner or later.

My FD put down a paltry 265WHP, and it was quiet as hell. That's a rotary...a weed whacker if there ever was one. Once I get the new engine in, it'll be puttind out even more...but it'll be comfortable and it sure as hell won't annoy my neighbors.

Comment

Its been tuned down, but I cannot avoid a bang here and there. It doesnt fire all the time like a fart cannon muffler. Only when I gun the engine to 6500rpm. The rest of the time the car purrs like a lion that just nailed the whole pride.

However, to lessen the bang I have altered the gain setting... (I actualy got somebody to translate the japanese instructions.) Now at 6500 it pops off but doesnt shoot fire or make a huge noise that can be heard half a town away.

I guess I should fix the richness in the engine. Any suggestions on what to do or pick up. I am running 94 octane right now and I dont know what to do next.

Thanks for the info guys.. And if a cop tried to nail me on a ticket with an incorrect location, I would get that crap thrown out of court. If anything is off even by mistake in our system the case is thrown out.
              I am surprised you didnt fight that.

Comment

Working...
              X