Mustang in Japan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mustang in Japan?

Ok..so like almost every other drift-fan living in the US..I eventually want to make it over to japan. My current gameplan is to join the air force after graduating w/ a degree in nursing...and hopefully getting it worked in that I get stationed in japan.

I have, chillin in my garage, a 69 'stang but my dad's gonna sell it if I don't act quick. From what I hear from friends, the japanese are into old american muscle. Just like how we go ga-ga over some right hand drive import..the japanese go ape over a left hand drive classic. Is this true? Would the J-girls flock to it?

I also heard that the "losers" (yakuza) like messing with people w/ nice cars. Do u think they would mess with a stang?

I know there was a USDM craze over there,don't know much about it.J-Girls flocking...ummm...how typical.....Your white right? Have any spare funds to dig in? Look american? I'm sure that enough can get a few american groupies for you.Even complete morons seem to take home good girls in Japan,dunno how.Probably bought them,lol.

Comment

The Chair Force? .....LAME. Go with the Navy and fly a super bug.

Comment

Go to Roppongi Hills, you'll have all the sushi you'll ever want. Just be prepared to get the clap and kiss everyone else in the american military...and I dont mean on the lips.

Comment

the stang wont pull the bones it used to here, and for the girls yea there still some dumb ones runnin around.

Comment

yeah some japanese are into american cars but not many, and as for girls flocking to your mustang hmm i doubt it, anyways for what it would cost to send a car to japan it wouldn't be worth it , trust me i import cars from japan , don't waste your time if you are send just one car and don't plan on making a future of it.... .... just my 2 cents , and from experience... lol you need a " buy me drink girl" lol

Comment

Hahahaha yeah I dunno. It was just a thought. And for the importing of cars to japan..that is free (paid for by the good ol american military). Do you think they would export a JDM car if I purchased it while over there?

haha yeah I am white, but not that kind of guy who dwells in a dark hole and watches anime 24/7 like it is scripture. I just grew up as the minority to a bunch of japanese/korean kids..so it was only natural that I was into what they were into (all my white friends who I grew up with are the same way).

Does anyone know what jobs will land you a work visa in japan? I found out a while ago that they don't like to give em to gaijin at all. Cultural study visas are hard to get let alone a work visa. Just wondering if there was some way to work over there.
              I heard there is a way to beat the system: Just get a 90 day tourist visa..and when that expires just fly to singapore for 2 days and return back to japan to get another 90 day visa.
              Last edited by Logan; 01-15-2004, 06:14 AM.

Comment

Heh Navy..... 4 years in that great institution. VRD you are making not liking you hard.

Also to export to Japan I hear that the car's have to be darn near perfect. Could be wrong on that one but that's what I hear.

Comment

yea, I hurd somthin like that, but anyway, I was wondering when I was reading this, if the USDM cars are a craise in japan, just like the JDM cars are here?

Comment

Actually here is a new question concerning legalization of japanese cars. I know you'll have to beef up the emissions stuff with the JDM's..but what if you purchased (for example) an audi? does audi lower their manufacturing standards for japan compared to the US? or would i only have to pay shipping and then would have a right hand drive a-4?

Comment

Originally posted by kaji!_drifter
                      yea, I hurd somthin like that, but anyway, I was wondering when I was reading this, if the USDM cars are a craise in japan, just like the JDM cars are here?
                      I always heard the Chevy Cavalier was real popular in Japan....

Comment

lmao a cavalier?! thats comedy... why would any japanese person be interested in a cavalier... they have f u c k i n g skylines for godsake... not talking s h i t about u ramone but i find that hilarious.

Comment

I dont know what there called over there but i know there made by toyota, or at least have there badging.

Comment

Yah it's made by toyota. Maybe people there would be into it because it's not something normal to fix up. Like people here that fix up chevette, storm/impulse, s12 etc. Just to be a little different.

Comment

Ghost: Great institution? Obviously we're talking about different things. Haha.

Comment

Working...
                              X