ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RE-Amemiya and VeilSide participating in 2004 D1 Series, Nismo???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE-Amemiya and VeilSide participating in 2004 D1 Series, Nismo???

Taken from the D1GP website.

01.01.04 RE-Amemiya and VeilSide participating in 2004 D1 Series, Nismo???
    Recently announced in Japan is RE-Amemiya's and VeilSide's participation in the 2004 D1 Series. Re-Amemiya is planning to bring their FD3S RX-7, while a driver has yet to be announced. Amemiya is known for his FD3S in the JGTC 300 Series, it will be interesting to see how one of the top JGTC racing teams can apply their technology in the D1 field. As for Veilside, they will make their presence known by bringing a S15, packed with both performance and style. Veilside plans to announce their driver shortly after the 2004 Tokyo Auto Salon later this month. Lastly, Nismo denies their participation for the D1 at this time but sources say their Silvia R-tuned (tuned for circuit racing) has quietly undergone testing with D1 driver Koguchi at Nismo Festa. Can Nismo still deny their D1 entry???

I wonder who the drivers will be. I've heard rumors that Tsuchiya will drift the Veilside car. Here are some pics of the Veilside S15. The red car is the circuit/time attack car. It's wide body and all carbon fiber.

You're shiatting me, the Drift King is gonna be running with Veilside? I figured he'd be promoting KEI Office? Hmm...it's also very exciting to see REA getting into D1..he's a badazz..I've got tons of videos of him and his team building and racing his cars...he's such a cool dude, too..heheh. I wonder who he'll get as drivers?

Comment

I've got a great story to tell...

Well looks like the rivalry will be started up again between RE & VeilSide. I overheard Mr. Yokomaku (VeilSide president) telling some girls the story of how he got started.

When Yokomku Racing was founded, it was known as the place to go for having a fast car built. RE & Trust had heard of these cars beating out the company's cars, so they wanted to eliminate Yokomaku from the tuning scene for good. The two companies challenged Yokomaku's customers cars to race for pink slips. Coming from a bosozoku background, Yokomaku was not going to back down from the challenge. Instead it drove him to be better, he did not want his customers to lose thier cars. In the end his customer's ended up beating out both company cars. Since then he has been known as the best engine builder out of Japan. VeilSide has set 3 world records to back that up.

Back when we were figuring out how to get a civic to run 14secs, he was building 800hp supra's, running 9sec's and doing 0-300km in under 13secs.

Comment

as for tsuchiya, i dont know if its true or not, but he is the one that convinced Veilside to enter D1. If he's driving, i dont know who will be judging in his place.

Comment

Originally posted by swifty949
          as for tsuchiya, i dont know if its true or not, but he is the one that convinced Veilside to enter D1. If he's driving, i dont know who will be judging in his place.
          Damn..that's a good point...I didn't think about that. How old is Tsuchiya now? Maybe he's looking to go out with a bang or something? He's been around since the beginning of D1, right, pretty much? Still, he's an amazingly capable driver..it'd be nice to see him compete against Orido, too.

I think Veilside has a different appearance to most people in the states, because all we ever see are the bodykits. Plus it's assosciation with the FnF movies..it's kinda cheapend the Yokomaku name. Most people assosciate Veilside with the idea of outlandishly ugly bodykits and FnF racers with huge vinyl graphics now.

They don't know about any of the heritage behind most of the tuning names in the industry.

Comment

i think Veilside is guilty of getting free advertising by giving Universal Studios free parts. Universal is the ones responsible for the look of the cars. VeilSide has never been huge on graphics. I think the Cherry Blossom theme is the most graphics I've seen on actual Veilside cars.

Most people don't understand that though...

Comment

hi ray.

i highly doubt Mr. Tsuchiya would drive. he is not skilled enough.
              the level of D1 now is far beyond his drifting.

note to people who plan to disagree with me: please dont waste your time. you will be wrong anyways.
              thanks

Comment

you know, funny you mentioned that... I 've heard that from some folks in japan.....

Brian, what are you guys doing out there now?

Comment

what do you mean "what are you guys doing out there now?"
                  i am not understanding.

Comment

Nismo is a differen kind of company then RE and Veilside. I dont belive they will have a Nissan factory backed car.

Comment

Well let me recharge the batt in the camera and gather around real close and I will show you what the new VeilSide car looks like. It ran today at the D1 in Odaiba today. Yellow S15 cherry Blossims and all. Second round engine trouble put it out for the rest of the day. I will start a thread with todays pics. Oh and by the way the BIG FAT BOAT of a car Chaser and Takahashi won. Top Secret #2.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian
                        what do you mean "what are you guys doing out there now?"
                        i am not understanding.
                        Oh, sorry bro, i got you confused with another brian out in japan right now. You must be the brian with the Z???

Hey Lauren, who is the final driver? damn japan doesn't tell us anything! Is it KFC?

Comment

nope.

i am Brian who wanted to work the warehouse.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian
                            hi ray.

i highly doubt Mr. Tsuchiya would drive. he is not skilled enough.
                            the level of D1 now is far beyond his drifting.

note to people who plan to disagree with me: please dont waste your time. you will be wrong anyways.
                            thanks
                            He was out at the D1 event in Odaiba yesterday hammering on The Kei office car. The old boy still has it and with more wheel time he wouldnt have a problem running with the guys out there now. But yea who would judge in his place hmmmm ME

I wish

Comment

Originally posted by swifty949
                              Oh, sorry bro, i got you confused with another brian out in japan right now. You must be the brian with the Z???

Hey Lauren, who is the final driver? damn japan doesn't tell us anything! Is it KFC?
                              They asked Kumakubo but we have bigg plans and running for a sponser like that would be fun if he was a privater, but not for what we want to do. It was a grat honer to be asked but he passed. The new driver was out there. Hes good but alittle slow. I havent seen the RE car yet. But yea there is a battle with the to co. You could tell by the position of the booths and the size.

Comment

Working...
                              X