X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG another SR swap....

Seems like everyone is doing the sr swap:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2211214&page=1

Yea, but you have to admit that is a very clean and well done swap(from we you can see). The car is in really good condition too. Looks sweet, and sounds nice too. That is almost as kool as the guy who dropped a B18C(ITR motor) in an old school Mini, it could out acclerate a porsche carrera.
    Last edited by CrazyBadger; 10-09-2005, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Noice. That looks clean as hell. First picture of that car I thought "280Z".

Originally posted by CrazyBadger
      That is almost as kool as the guy who dropped a B18C(ITR motor) in an old school Mini, it could out acclerate a porsche carrera.
      That's like what they do with cars like the Capuccino (sp?) in Japan. I hear the big motor swap for those is a B16 or somesuch.

B-Wurm

Comment

looks pretty cool it should be a beast with that small body

Comment

Originally posted by Buddyworm
          Noice. That looks clean as hell. First picture of that car I thought "280Z".

That's like what they do with cars like the Capuccino (sp?) in Japan. I hear the big motor swap for those is a B16 or somesuch.

B-Wurm
          WTF!!! Capp's are RWD. B16??? Common man... haven't you watched any Initial D lately? You should've known if you were playing GT2 in the late 90's.

Comment

you know... ive never seen a 4cyl in an engine compartment thats filled to the max like that... theres not an extra square inch in there. that dude needs to get a 300zx maf or somthin bigger than that stocker.

nice intake

Comment

ppl in the northwest do some stupid stuff...hence the washington plates..lol

Comment

Hot damn! I say more power to him. At least it's not another 240 Sr swap. Everybody's aching to do one of those nowadays. I know I have...for the last 5 years..damn, I need a better job.

Comment

"Mike_S13 Quote:
                  WTF!!! Capp's are RWD. B16??? Common man... haven't you watched any Initial D lately? You should've known if you were playing GT2 in the late 90's."

yes a honda motor can physicly b turned 90 degrees to be put in a rear wheel drive car, you've been wathcing to much fast and furious lately, have u seen the RWD evo 9 on here yea they have the motors horizonlaly opposed, how the h3ll did they do that! omg, im pretty sure that someone could prolly modify the trani from a s2000 or sumthing to get somehitng to fit a b16 or even some other trani

Comment

the engine is not horizonaly opposed in a evo 9 they just tunned the differentials to b RWD

Comment

Originally posted by 240LoVeR
                      "Mike_S13 Quote:
                      WTF!!! Capp's are RWD. B16??? Common man... haven't you watched any Initial D lately? You should've known if you were playing GT2 in the late 90's."

yes a honda motor can physicly b turned 90 degrees to be put in a rear wheel drive car, you've been wathcing to much fast and furious lately, have u seen the RWD evo 9 on here yea they have the motors horizonlaly opposed, how the h3ll did they do that! omg, im pretty sure that someone could prolly modify the trani from a s2000 or sumthing to get somehitng to fit a b16 or even some other trani
                      I don't think that would work with a B16. You see, the Honda b-series engines all turn counterclockwise. So, if you were to use an ordinary rwd transmission 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th would move the car back instead of forward. One of the easiest ways to make it work would be to modify the engines valvetrain, which would actually not be easy at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X