• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumbass driving part 1 (sti)

We are all prolly guilty of this...
    Going to fast in a canyon = WALL!!!

http://www.corvettekillstories.com/p...s/wrxcrash.wmv

Sad to see so many Subies biting the dust these days...

It looked like he got scared when he saw the bike, so he got off the gas and tapped the brakes, but in doing so he got lift throttle oversteer... He then tried to compensate by counter steering... In doing that he essentially performed an aggressive feint manuever which caused him to go right into the wall...

If he had pulled the e-brake when he tried to recover before hitting the wall he might have made it and just spun out...

Comment

pulling the e-brake is extreme, he could of just reacted better to the origional inncident by not getting off the gas so abruptly and not countersteering. countersteering with that awd just pulls the nose back around, exactly like what happened in the video.

Comment

Ya people just dont realise what happens in a weight shift when they do things like that. People really just need to take there cars in a EMPTY parking lot and screw around to see what there car does in certain situations.

Comment

All he needed at that moment is to mesh the gas!!!!!!! That's how AWDs are driven... Get it to rotate and then mesh the gas with minimal countersteer!
          Hubert Young
          KORE 8 Films

Comment

Originally posted by motdyn_s14
            All he needed at that moment is to mesh the gas!!!!!!! That's how AWDs are driven... Get it to rotate and then mesh the gas with minimal countersteer!

I agree... Initially if he had just mashed on the gas with the tires pointing forward it would have pullled straight...

My point about using the ebrake was for when he was heading straight for the embankment...

Comment

Originally posted by CoUnTer_MoTiOn
              I agree... Initially if he had just mashed on the gas with the tires pointing forward it would have pullled straight...

My point about using the ebrake was for when he was heading straight for the embankment...
              Yes, he could have pulled the ebrake and spin to keep the car on the road. But most notably, he didn't know how to DRIFT!!!! Road racer also argue it's pointless to drift but this is one good example of how drifting could help save a car when you get out of shape.

AWD is a different species. When everything goes right, it sticks to the road like it's on rails... But when you get loose on an AWD car, that's when it gets tricky. If you blindly mesh on the gas, sometimes the car pulls straight so fast that it takes more anticipation than most drivers would expect when you get loose... the result is the car going to a direction that you don't want it to go.
              Hubert Young
              KORE 8 Films

Comment

well....if u guys r right about the whole throttle liftin...then thats probably a part of what i did when i wrecked my sub...(it was only a 2.2L wagon) but still...i just remember tryin no to hit the guy infront of me(cause he understeered into the curb first) and i let off and tried to slow down...and when i felt the car slide...i tried to countersteer...as a result...basicly same as this guy...just that the rear of my car hopped to the front....(meanin like a bike doin an "endo" and flips over) but i was young and dumber i hope it never happens again...and ill admit that i actually had nightmares of it for almost a year afterwards.....shitty stuff...but awds r definatly dangerous if u dont know how they act...cause it can grip like no other, but once u push it too far, it can either under or oversteer without u knowin what its gonna be...

Comment

Working...
                X