Build a D1GP car in 21 days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Build a D1GP car in 21 days?

Hi, I was recently granted a temporary D1GP license to compete with the Japanese in an exhibition match at Silverstone, England. Most of my S14 was built on the road outside my parents house over 3 years, but I've recently bought a house with a garage, which was quite handy as we really had to step up our game to get the car up to a standard that would fit in amongs the big boys.. Here's some pictures of just some of the stuff we did to the car at my house over the 3 weeks. (56k No-no, the page loads about 11mb of pictures)
    http://www.driftworks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9554

I hope you enjoy

here's a couple to show you it's worth checking the link out

wow i dont think they did enough work, wow that was tons but it turned out really really nice

Comment

your car is sooooooo hawt

Comment

dman you think it'll run cool enough? lol, oilcooler setup is the coolest part. actually, the Dahlback GTI style exhaust setup is the coolest part. nice job fellas.

Comment

The car looks AMAZING!! Do you guys have a parts list of everything you guys used to build it?!?!!?

Comment

Congrats on the build and also building a clean S14.
            Now bring it to the states and race in Formula Drift, that would be rad!
            Last edited by J-Rod; 10-19-2005, 10:30 AM.

Comment

That exhaust pipe exiting just in front/above the rear wheel is nuts!

Is there really a need (or an advantage) to vent the exhaust out in this manner, rather than out the typical side (at the lower part of the rear wheel) or in back? (Just Curious). Any possible cabin obstructions due to this design?

Comment

Your some man Phill

If you are all looking for more information on Phills S14A check out his top web site

Driftworks

This is a top drift site and it is used by all the top uk drifters and with members from all over Europe

Comment

that oil cooler setup is tits.

howd you do?

Comment

Beautiful S-14 Love the side exhaust, what was the budget and overall cost of the Project, and nice job
                    Last edited by silver_beast; 10-18-2005, 02:07 PM.

Comment

guys! thats a s14 not a s15!!

come on j-rod, i drift an el camino and i even know that

Comment

Excellent work.

Comment

Originally posted by Drift Brick

howd you do?
                          my thoughts exactly, oil cooler set up = tits. and boy do i love tits.

how do i do? i'm fine thankyou, and you sir?

Comment

Love S14s!!! Nice work.
                            Hubert Young
                            KORE 8 Films

Comment

Originally posted by SidewayzRacer
                              The car looks AMAZING!! Do you guys have a parts list of everything you guys used to build it?!?!!?
                              Thanks. A full list would be pretty impossible as theres so much custom work. If theres anything in particular you'd like more info on? I'll do my best to explain.. I have lot's of pictures of the car through it's various stages over the years..

Originally posted by J-Rod
                              Congrats on the build and also building a clean S15.
                              Now bring it to the states and race in Formula Drift, that would be rad!
                              After seeing our abilities at the D1 Exhibition round, D1Corp are shipping over 2 of our drivers to Irwindale, be affraid

Originally posted by DomLee
                              That exhaust pipe exiting just in front/above the rear wheel is nuts!

Is there really a need (or an advantage) to vent the exhaust out in this manner, rather than out the typical side (at the lower part of the rear wheel) or in back? (Just Curious). Any possible cabin obstructions due to this design?
                              It's the straightest route for the exhaust to take whilst clearing the back axle.. The cabin still conforms to D1 regs as the passenger seat fit's in fine. See a couple of pics of it being made here.

Originally posted by Drift Brick

howd you do?
                              I drove like a d!ck. We broke the steering rack the day before and drove for the practice with intermittant power steering, there were times when shortly after initiating at the top of 4th gear I'd have to use both hands on one side of the wheel to get it off full counter.. I ended up in the gravel on one run, so we decided to replace and modified the rack and all powersteering lines overnight. On the day of the event I really struggled with the car for the whole day to be honest.. weak angle, and at times feeling very unstable, I put it down to exhaustion as I'd had no more than 3 hours sleep a night for 3 weeks leading up to the event, but upon returning home, I found that the front anti-roll bar had worked one of the nut's off, so was floating about randomly binding and locking one side of the suspension . I'm not one to use something like that as an excuse though as for one: I should have noticed it! and two: I should have been able to drive around the problem..

Originally posted by silver_beast
                              Beautiful S-14 Love the side exhaust, what was the budget and overall cost of the Project, and nice job
                              Up untill a week before the event I worked as a college technician, I earn't very little, but everything and more went into the car.. I stopped adding up what I've actually spent a long time ago, but when you take into account the price we pay for stuff in the UK..

Comment

Working...
                              X