ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FD Season 3: What's Happening? What's on Folk's Minds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FD Season 3: What's Happening? What's on Folk's Minds?

Well folks, Formula Drift went well for Season 2. Hyper competitive runs, points battle down to the wire, crazy upsets (Tanner Foust made the hero run of the year, in my opinion), and a lot of great cars.

So, naturally, it's hard not to be looking forward to the 3rd Season. But, before the Drifting Season, we have to get through the Silly Season. So, let's discuss all the happiness, bitterness, and everything in between, plus let loose our lips about rumors, plans, upgrades, downgrades, driver shuffles, and the rest that makes up everything that's not cars on the track.

C'mon, it'll be fun.

people wanted tanner foust to win?

wow, I had no idea.

Comment

SEMA is the best time to find out who's playing with who.

I've heard that at least 2 teams will be going to 3-car teams. and at least 1, possibly 2 or 3 drivers who made several appearances this year will be judging next year.

Start a thread November 5th, adn there will be more to talk about

Comment

Just wanted to get a jump on the silly season is all. I mean, sheesh, considering that the "big leagues" (F1, NASCAR, etc) start their silly season midway through the racing calendar, I figured 1st quarter of the off season would already have some developments from the teams.

Comment

who's leaving? who still is under contract? Any moves expected? New Cars?

Comment

LESS RAP MORE ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!! and FIRE!!!

Comment

ill be driving a factory backed civic next year, and my teammate derrick will be in a factory backed accord, FF drift for teh win!

Comment

New Drivers for us...

New Cars for us...

New Look for us...

*Notice, all items are PLURAL.

Stay tuned... we'll update you all.

Comment

We have decided to outlaw all RWD vehicles and focus on down hill drifting with tricycles.

Just kidding!

Expect multiple new venues next year and especially a new venue in So CA that is not Irwindale, CA Speedway or any parking lot, more track time for existing competitors, a place for new drifters to compete and practice (hint, hint), new faces in the judging arena, and the most important stuff:

1. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx
                  2. XXXXXXXXXXXX
                  3. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx
                  4. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

You'll have to wait until SEMA for that.

FD

Comment

I am looking forward to seeing what Formula D will do next year. I only got to watch video clips of this years series since I was in the middle east for all events that were in Cali. I'll be at the events next year though!! And if it's true that you will have a venue for new drivers to practice/try out then I will surely be there.

Zach

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Peters
                      ill be driving a factory backed civic next year, and my teammate derrick will be in a factory backed accord, FF drift for teh win!
                      ay the new D1GP rules allow front wheel drives now

Comment

Originally posted by driftex
                        who's leaving? who still is under contract? Any moves expected? New Cars?
                        my personal thoughts:
                        - expect team falken to stay largely the same.
                        - expect the top 10 or so drivers to keep their sponsors
                        - expect some of the drivers who went to all of the events but didn't finish in the top 20 to gain a few sponsors...
                        - expect some drivers who had a big start to the season but didn't finish as strong to have some changes in their sponsors.
                        - Expect Formula D to boldly go where no drifting competition has gone before

Comment

Originally posted by Formula D
                          the most important stuff:

1. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx
                          2. XXXXXXXXXXXX
                          3. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx
                          4. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
                          OOOOOOH! i love hang man!!

Can I get an X?
                          Can i buy a vowel? an E?

Comment

Here is a little appetizer for y'all...

- 7 events for the Championship, 2 in SoCal, venues to be announced at SEMA, 3 to 5 week gap between each round

- a few demos and "shootouts", we'll be at Long Beach Grand Prix again for sure!

- creating a series of "feeder"/licencing/drivers search events

- forming new judging panel, not all new guys but some new guys

- forming advisory committee (consisting of 3 representatives from the competition group, drivers, crew, etc.) so that the Championship and the drivers/teams have better communication. currently it is really difficult to communicate to the entire competition field.

- new sponsors

**interesting note: someone mentioned to me that traditionally a series becomes a "world championship" when there are competitors from 7-8 or more nationalities. FD technically has drivers from Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Mexico, Sweden, New Zealand, Philippines and the US. interesting huh?!

Be patient everyone. We will announce a lot of the details at our press conference at SEMA (Wednesday, 11/2/05, 4:30pm, SEMA media center).

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd
                              my personal thoughts:
                              - expect team falken to stay largely the same.
                              - expect the top 10 or so drivers to keep their sponsors
                              - expect some of the drivers who went to all of the events but didn't finish in the top 20 to gain a few sponsors...
                              - expect some drivers who had a big start to the season but didn't finish as strong to have some changes in their sponsors.
                              - Expect Formula D to boldly go where no drifting competition has gone before
                              no more rs-r alex?

hey FD, will G4tv release a dvd for 2005 season ?

Comment

Working...
                              X