ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new guy (click here, its cool its swear!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new guy (click here, its cool its swear!)

Hello,
    My name is Tom Koenig. I thought that I would post up a short bio of myself before I started posting, to avoid any "internet drifter" thoughts.
    I started "drifting" by accdent, delivereing pizzas in a 1969 elcamino in Spokane Washington. Not knowing that there was a such thing, it was just good snow fun(5 months of the year.) A few years passed and I had joined the navy, I was sitting in a tire store and found a tattered old Sport compact car that had an article about sr swaps. I proceded to buy a rusty old 89 s13 and do the most haggard swap ever (total wireing nightmare, welded diff) In my search for parts, I foud a few articles on drifting. For the next few years, I was the terror of Lemore, CA. Then i was rear-ended (RIP betsie) and transfered to VA, where I started all over again.

Which brings us to the present, and the situation at hand. My enlistment is up in feb and I am currently building up my car so that I may hopefully quallify for a fd event or two next year. I have copys of the rule books and am practicing vigilatly.

95 s14
    2001 s15 swap
    s15 tranny
    s15 lsd
    momo rookie seats (F.I.A.)
    the performance list goes on and on
    312 whp 340 wtq on stock t28
    zeal coils
    18'' volk evo3s
    She is in the shop for the chargespeed s15 front conversion and overfenders and a fresh coat of paint and then off to what to the cage builders (before finall paint, i need to find a good one that will cut me a deal, because I am allmost broke)
    I am still looking for more power and building tranny, maby a cryo treated s15.
    There is so much more development left to do and I would be greatfull fror any tips that you may have.

Thanks,
    Tom

thats beautiful, man.

after the S15 front end, Id consider upgrading your diff. I dont know much about the S15 LSD, but it would seem that something beefier might be better for competition?

also, if you havent done bushings, etc...
    that might be a goos thing to consider.

Comment

dude i also learned to drift while delivering pizzas in my 95 blazer!!! (in the snow )

Comment

Nice Car Man. Welcome to the forums. U.S.M.C. 3yrs and counting.

Tips...

well when ya do the s15 conversion... get some quality fenders. My fiberglass ones dont hold up to the abuse i put the car through.

Comment

Working...
        X