STi Can it be used for drfiting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STi Can it be used for drfiting?

I am planning on gettin a STi, I was wondering what I should do to it in order to make it easier to drift than it is when it is completely stock, Any suggestions?

what year is the scooby?

Comment

STi's came out in 2003 I think. So its 2003/2004. I say the only thing you need to change are the tires. Other than that, the car is up for drifting in stock form. Brakes are badass, suspension is very neutral, interior has good seats with lateral support, has a nice ammount of power. Just get some tires that will slide easier and go for it!!

Comment

i think you should wait until you get the car, then see how it feels and how hard, or easy, it is to break traction.

get used to your car, then it will be easier for you to decide what would optimize the drifting experience.

Comment

Sure it can be use as a drift car. Not the best choice, but its got some good features.

Comment

RE:

The 4WD will become a roadblock if you're looking to get serious with it.

Comment

Re: RE:

Originally posted by ACDSupra7
              The 4WD will become a roadblock if you're looking to get serious with it.
              I agree. The traction contol will come into play when you try to hold a drift, but i believe there is a way to convert the wrx to RWD. dunno how tho

Comment

You CAN disconnect the front diffs if you want to experiment. But it's really just not worth it.

STi on the touge! Now there's a thought -_^

Comment

I agree. If you want to learn, don't do it in an STI. Too much money to be throwing around and risking thrashing it. Save a few pennies and get a 240 and learn in it.

Comment

Hello,
                    I am from Switzerland and I used to own a sti for more than 4 years.
                    It depends on wich style of drifting you want.

For D1 like : Ok but you will need to practice and have strong arms because 4wd are hard especially if you want to do several curves in the same drift. You will need really slippy tires (fulda, viking or this kind of shity tires, be careful really slippy on wet conditions!!!).

But for power sliding or feint (like rallymen) on gravel road and even snow ( where the scooby is the best) no problem. If you are racing on macadam you will lost a lot of time better try the "sharp line".
                    Please don't disconnect the 4WD the car will lost his soul.

Hope this will help you :-)

Have a nice week end.

P.S.: Sorry if there are some misspleling

Comment

Working...
                    X