• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to drifting :-)

Hi :-)
    I would love to learn this art.
    But don't know where to start.
    Of course I'll only drift in the proper place.
    I have a Mercedes S500 Coupe, a 300E, a Pajero Evo maybe would get a Supra in a month or two.
    I heard that Mercedes isn't a good drifter, I saw Taxi 3 the other day, I thought that that guy's parking skills are good! And that 406's sweet! I never knew 406 can look soooo sexy! I knew from that moment that I got to learn how to park like that. My school has ample of space for drifting, three out door basketball courts. And of course, the football field
    Please fill me in on how to get started.
    Thanks.

ill kill you if you drifted on my football field lol..its bad enough...

1) are you rich?
    2) what kinda supra? and why?
    3) are you in college or highschool because if you are in high school im gonna rip your head off for having a benz....

Comment

1) I don't think I'm rich. I just like cars.
      2) There's a used Supra in my local car dealer. 1995 manual 5 speed V6 3000cc 500bhp twin turbo Supra. A little expensive than the normal Supra though... I could get a CLK with that money. I'm a Benz fan
      3) I'm studying highschool, last year though. 18 years old. I don't think you're gonna rip my head off. Because I have two Benz Sorry

Please, any info on drifting for beginners?
      Thanks.

Comment

well for one thing theres no way u could have 2 benzo's and a somthin else then a TT supra on the way and not be rich. Look around on this place theres plenty of info on beggining for drifting. the supra will be a nice drifter probly,I wouldnt know b/c i've never drifted one. I'd say the benz's would be good for it they make ok power and are pretty good handling suspension wise.

Comment

benz in high school im stuck with my moms crunch-mobile dodge neon befor i can get a 240

i have herd that the supra is heavy, i wouldn't whant to wreck a benz

Comment

zdss14 is right. The supra is heavy. Stick with the benz because it lighter than the supra.

Comment

RE:

Supra's aren't good for beginners. They're about 1000 pounds heavier than your average drift car. Why don't you be cool and import a JDM AE86 =P

www.j-garage.com should have one.
              Last edited by ACDSupra7; 01-19-2004, 12:21 PM.

Comment

1) I think you are rich, but not you, your parents.
                2) Supra is I6 twin turbo, and if you can buy a CLK for that much it must be pretty so it won't make a good drift car because you WILL crash it.
                3) You're in high school drifting your parents cars which cost more than mine ever will, no matter what I do to it.

This is sad, so sad, for everyone who had to see this.

Yes, get a twin turbo V6 supra and go drift it in the middle of the night on the school's basketball court while getting super JDM tyte parts from your parents when you break something so you can Fast and Furious like everyone else. Don't forget the neon.

Comment

RE:

Hey now, some people are just more fortuanate than others.

Comment

yea, im just really jealous and angry and the same time.

Oh and the only PROPER places to drift, are at drift events and tracks.

Comment

you have 2 benz? and your 18? dang your lucky. Course i would want to buy a car with money that i've worked for and buy a car. You are a lot more careful when its YOUR car that you might crash while drifting. I suggest drifting in a Ferrari just messing dude, but i suggest do it in a parking lot and on a track. the last thing we want you to do is drift off a cliff and have the cops crack down on drifting.

dang rich people, giving their kids all these nice cars and the kids dont have to work> and i have to work 10 hour days at save-a-lot during the summer just to have a rusted 240sx.

Comment

Re: New to drifting :-)

Originally posted by Rossie
                        Hi :-)
                        I would love to learn this art.
                        But don't know where to start.
                        Of course I'll only drift in the proper place.
                        I have a Mercedes S500 Coupe, a 300E, a Pajero Evo maybe would get a Supra in a month or two.
                        I heard that Mercedes isn't a good drifter, I saw Taxi 3 the other day, I thought that that guy's parking skills are good! And that 406's sweet! I never knew 406 can look soooo sexy! I knew from that moment that I got to learn how to park like that. My school has ample of space for drifting, three out door basketball courts. And of course, the football field
                        Please fill me in on how to get started.
                        Thanks.
                        Welcome. Glad you took an interest in Drifting

my .02cents.
                        If you can afford a CLK and 1jz, why dont you just buy really cheap 240Sx for your beginners stage. If you really want to learn, you'll tend to push yourself to the limit and eventually wrecking your car. I mean its cheaper to repair a 240 and you dont even have to care about the engine and body. and when your good enough you can buy your supra. OR while your practicing with the 240 your fixing up your Supra. well that's me. If you can afford on repairing your 1jz everytime you wreck it that's cool too, but I think the most economical way on doing this is by using a junky 240.

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

But what a lucky bastard...Parents cars or yours?? If your name isn't on the title please don't drift them. You will dent, scrath, blow tires, ruin axles and yes.... crash.

But if your lucky and your name is on the title...put some cheap tires and drift. But not in your school...theres cameras, security and plus light poles. Plus the rest of the students will get in trouble if something happens and you don't speak up.

Look for empty parking lots at public parks...some a spacious and lights turn off at night. Keep someone handy if they have a truck if you get in a tight squeeze.

Anyways like plenty of other people said, if you have the money get a cheap 240 and mess around in it. I don't think you know too much on the mechanics of a car so you can learn on that.

If you then get a supra its a big jump in horsepower and weight...no beginner should be messing with that just yet.

Check out the drift events...sign up with the money you got and get some lessons. You can go out to Neveda and go to that school over there. Or hire that 16 yr old kid with you money to teach you hehe...now I'm just being silly.

But really check out the events before you make any big desisions on perchasing a car.

Comment

Re: Re: New to drifting :-)

Originally posted by CRASHDRIVE
                            Welcome. Glad you took an interest in Drifting

my .02cents.
                            If you can afford a CLK and 1jz, why dont you just buy really cheap 240Sx for your beginners stage. If you really want to learn, you'll tend to push yourself to the limit and eventually wrecking your car. I mean its cheaper to repair a 240 and you dont even have to care about the engine and body. and when your good enough you can buy your supra. OR while your practicing with the 240 your fixing up your Supra. well that's me. If you can afford on repairing your 1jz everytime you wreck it that's cool too, but I think the most economical way on doing this is by using a junky 240.

Ara? Who said anything about a 1JZ

Comment

if i was rich...i would get a ferrari and pimp it out...just to get all the chicks...and make a huge self-serve garage at home...and a nice house...full silver house...or brick will cut it...have like 50 square acres of land...make a track...and go buy the groceries on horseback or something...oh and a gibson LP, any type of gretsch, and an all-american fender stratocaster...with a marshall stack amp...and bring an r34 gtr over...and many many many other things

Comment

Working...
                              X