US Drift event at VIR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Drift event at VIR

US Drift is holding a one day event at Virginia International Raceway (VIR) on February 21st. Here are the details and requirements. This is NOT a competition!

VIR has recently completed their new Patriot Course which sits inside the famed “big” track. US Drift ran a demo on the Patriot Course last fall and it is a track that is a ton of fun as it offers high speeds, technical areas and elevation changes. The event is taking place on Saturday and the first session will hit the track at about 9 AM. After a day of driving US Drift and the National Auto Sport Association (NASA) are throwing a free party with food and beverages for all the drivers and their crew. Camping is allowed however expect VERY cool weather. There are a number of hotels in the area and many with cheap rooms.
    There are only 30 spots open for this event and drivers must have previous experience; track days, drift events, autocross, racing, driving/race school, etc. The cost of the event is $100.
    The 30 drivers will be broken into groups of 10, each group will run for 20 minutes at a time. There will be a one hour lunch break and the track will close at about 5 PM. This means that each group will get 7-20 minute sessions on track, about 2 ½ hours of total track time. Each group and driver will run for a constant 20 minutes, the ENTIRE circuit will be used. No stop and go, the sessions are open.

AGAIN, space is limited! If you would like to run in this event you must contact Mike DeFord to verify experience, he can be reached at 804 275 8399 or email him at mike@usdrift.com

I'm surprised nobody has commented on this. Unfortunately it is very unlikely I will make this event, BUT I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT... easily my favorite track so far. Well suited for drifting with slow, medium and fast turns, esses, multiple apexes, and lots of run off in just about every area. It's VERY fun and a steal of a price, and if you have some basic drifting skill already you can learn a lot there.

Video, save as (42MB):
    http://joesvideos.com/tony/Drifting-...chulz-divx.avi

The very first edit in that video is a taste of the Patriot course (same video some of you have seen previously).

If you only get sound, install this DIVX codec:
    http://download.divx.com/divx/DivX511Bundle.exe

Comment

Ill be there, wont have my Drflt vehicle, not finished but hoping to make friends wit other drifters in my area.

Comment

Here are some maps of the Patriot course. There are still spots available for this event... contact/registration info is above.

Comment

god damn i *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ing miss everything. oh well still have the mountains

Comment

Working...
          X