ripping sound?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ripping sound?

when i countersteer to the max, i hear this ripping sound in the front fenders. Can this be cured with some good rods? help!
    Oh yea, when i try to drift i always end up doing a 180 you think its cause i countersteer too much or what?

the ripping sound is probably your tires rubbing your fender. If you are spinning out maybe you aren't counter steering early enough.

Comment

you might not be countersteering enough, either.

i am also pretty sure that the sound comes from ur tires and ur fenders rubbing. you should adjust your ride height, but check it first. it might be something else more, or less, important. Can't think of what though. turn your wheel all the way to the left or right and check for contact.

Comment

Re: ripping sound?

The ripping sound has to be your fenders skirts, and why you end up doing a 180 when you try to drift it's cause your not countersteer enough and your giving to much gas at the same time, its something like that.
        hope it helps and good luck.
        Last edited by drift_180sx; 01-19-2004, 08:29 PM.

Comment

jack up the car and pull the wheels if its makin that much noise there will be scuff marks where it is rubbing. Adjust your suspension height to acomadate clearance. Also you might want to try feathering the throtal in you turns to control your angle.

Comment

I for one would think that it's the womens clothes ripping as they fly off cause they love me.....but that's just me.

Comment

If it's not your ride height and there's no fender rubbing and you dont have an LSD. You MIGHT be plowing. Meaning your counter steering and the car is not turning, it just keep going straight. If that's the case, you need either new tires in the front OR you need to transfer more weight to the front. Are you doing this from a stand still or low speed?

Comment

if your tires are rubbing, you may need to adjust the negative camber rather than ride height......what kind of car is it?

Comment

Just make sure you arent wearing out the harness that runs through the fender!

Comment

go faster less gas and early steering,i as well this problem when i start out though.i think people think to much, just allow your body to feel the car if its going to spin out u usally can feel that. just try and flow it.

Comment

can someone tell me how to get a fkn pic on the left under the name.thanks yo

Comment

go into edit options in your user cp and chose a new avitar

Comment

Yep, it is probably most likely a ride height issue and I also agree that your 180 problem is due to countersteering to late or not enough.

Comment

ok but how to get a different pic from those?thanks

Comment

you need to make the pictures you want a smaller size then browse in your computer find it..badabing badaboom your dun

Comment

Working...
                              X