Opinion wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinion wanted

alright, chances are if you clicked on this you were expecting to see some photoshopped pic of my car or sumthing asking which rims i think look better. sorry to be a disappointment. I actually want to know what some of you older folks here think of my plan for the next few years, and eventually the most part of my natural life. here they are, in chronological order:

1. Continue High School
    2. Take japanese at local college during junior/senior years.
    3. Graduate!!
    4. Go to a college such as University of Michigan, take Automotive Engineering, along with business and more japanese.
    5. Take advantage of a study/work abroad program in japan.
    6. Finish College
    7. a. Go to work at a major car manufacterer (i.e. Toyota, Nissan, ...)
    b. Go to work at a major high performance company (i.e. Blitz, HKS, ...)
    c. Open my own high performace shop and hope to be successful (i.e. Yashio Factory,blah blah blah, ...)
    d. (little far fetched) Become a professional race car driver (i.e. D1, JGTC, ...)

so, whatdya think? dont be afraid to say that you think im an idiot or anything, jsut want your opinion.

Sounds like you got some good plans there. Personaly i'd open up my own shop just cuz you can make your own hours and be your own boss. And about the learning japanese... GOOD LUCK... Its no walk in the park... i know a little bit... but damn its hard... anyway... hope you find your path

Comment

Re: Opinion wanted

Originally posted by driftmunky
      alright, chances are if you clicked on this you were expecting to see some photoshopped pic of my car or sumthing asking which rims i think look better. sorry to be a disappointment. I actually want to know what some of you older folks here think of my plan for the next few years, and eventually the most part of my natural life. here they are, in chronological order:

1. Continue High School
      2. Take japanese at local college during junior/senior years.
      3. Graduate!!
      4. Go to a college such as University of Michigan, take Automotive Engineering, along with business and more japanese.
      5. Take advantage of a study/work abroad program in japan.
      6. Finish College
      7. a. Go to work at a major car manufacterer (i.e. Toyota, Nissan, ...)
      b. Go to work at a major high performance company (i.e. Blitz, HKS, ...)
      c. Open my own high performace shop and hope to be successful (i.e. Yashio Factory,blah blah blah, ...)
      d. (little far fetched) Become a professional race car driver (i.e. D1, JGTC, ...)

so, whatdya think? dont be afraid to say that you think im an idiot or anything, jsut want your opinion.
      Godd stuff but......That is gonna be tough and just remember that it might not turn out the way you planned it...At 21 I didn't expect to be living at home with my parents, but hay here we are huh.
      Roll with the punches and all those other encouraging quotes..
      Work/Study in Japan is tough also and $$$ too hella paperwork too....
      I'm assuming a Sophmore/Junior in HS right?? Well, get into trouble, do drugs, mess up a lot and learn from it all is the best advice I can give you....oh yeah and stay away from front wheel drive...

Comment

actually if i had learned japanese as a first language..and my experience with it now..its actually easier than english...although there are many ways to say one phrase in japanese...there are also many MORE to say it in english...only thing that really confuses me in kanji...so many meanings for one symbol...but id have to say...katakana is pretty easy and its similar to what it would sound like in romaji...and the book teaches you CRAP...maybe my ima 2 book just sucks...like it teaches you only the polite ways to say something...and no slang...well maybe except for DARN...i might go into car design or aircraft engineering...i love to draw...or maybe carbon fiber custom fabrication...if you work hard at it and like to study...go for it

Comment

yeah my plans are kinda like that too.here is mine:

1. finish high school
          2.go to colleg or design school(i like to draw too)
          3.take japanese classes
          4.move to japan
          5.work at nissan or something
          6.open my one shop
          7.and of course be a pro race car driver(who dosn't whant to be one?)

i bet i could do it
          eney thing can happen if you beleave
          but i bet if i tried i could do it, i think i just mite

Comment

yeah...i would love to be in japan just like every one else but i know i probably wont so ill just vist sometimes. i want to be a sales rep. for one of the major after market companys. i plan to learn japanese no matter how hard it may be.

Comment

dont forget the network of friends and connections and youre one step closer to your dream...

Comment

just think...maybe one...or two people will open a successful shop and when you open a shop and no one comes and ur losing money...you're gonna quit...and one...or maybe none of us are gonna do anything significant for a major company...i may be wrong but thats what i really believe

Comment

life is like a box of chocolates you only get the sh'ty ones. what ever you do stay in school. go to collage with a degree you have a back up for anything other than doing this

Comment

Originally posted by driftxtreem
                    life is like a box of chocolates you only get the sh'ty ones. what ever you do stay in school. go to collage with a degree you have a back up for anything other than doing this
                    EXACTLY...there should be BETTER CHOCOLATES....DAMNIT...like i really hate those cherry filled...or butter rum ones...god...driftx is right..stay in school...my dad says it all the time..but hey...once i get out of school with good grades...good classes...and stuff (?) ill be successful...if i ever figure out what i was made to do ya know

Comment

You can do almost anything you set your mind too....if you're willing to work at it.

one question: Why wouldnt you support the economy here?

Comment

Originally posted by markeese180sx
                        katakana is pretty easy and its similar to what it would sound like in romaji
                        You're joking right? Say something like McDonalds, it's all *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ed up.

Comment

Go for it. Go live in japan and open your own shop. I want to live in japan because they are high tech. I'll go visit japan instead.

Comment

I would only say one thing to you. Enjoy life. You are young, hopefully in good health and seem smart. If you want to go to Japan, go. Matter of fact go right now. Never EVER let anything stop you from what you want to do. If you have to put school off for a time, do it. If you don't you will forever regret that you didn't go. Sure sure a college degree is cool but you can get that whenever you want it. Remember though that the longer you wait, the harder it will be to go back and get it. But who cares. And also who cares if you end up working at a convenience store when you are old. As long as you can look back and not regret a thing you have done, it is worth it. Money isn't everything though to hear it from some people it is. it sure makes things easier. But what really matters is how you view yourself, the memories you have and your health. Remember this, people can always take away your money but they can't take away your memories.

So if Japan is where you want to go then by god go there. I want to go there but not bad enough at the moment it seems, but when I get ready to go you can bet I will go and NOTHING will stop me. Not women, cars, jobs, money, parents....nothing. I have done that since I can remember. I am 34, been to 17 different countries, owned 56 cars and had a wonderful time doing it. I also do stunts for movies and whatever the hell I want to do. I am not a wealthy man by any stretch and all of this on my Good Enough Diploma. I couldn't stand High school or any school for that matter.

While this may not be for you, it was for me. Would I do it again? Sure. Why? Cause I had fun. That to me is worth more than a million dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by Boosted
                              You're joking right? Say something like McDonalds, it's all *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ed up.
                              dude once you learn hiragana and know all of the letters (aiueo,kakikukeko,etc etc) you will know what to replace the words with

Comment

Working...
                              X