Second biggest drift event in the US?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second biggest drift event in the US?

So I have been hearing that in May Drift Session will be having the biggest event since D1. I heard that they are going to invite the biggest names from the mainland to come down like the Rotora guys, Tanabe, Chris from Signal and who ever else wants to really test their skills out against possibly America's best drifters out in Hawaii.

I also heard that guys from Japan (such as guys from Night Walkers) are going to come down and actually drive rather than just putting on a demo or show.

Also somthing like big money is involved too? Like the winner walks away with $5,000 or somthing insane. Thats more than the D1 guys make!

I duno though, can anyone tell me more about this? Drift Session guys where you at? I wanna know so I can get ready! Anyone!?

I dont have any details, but it sounds good to me!! I heard something about it from Kyle, but not to sure ... I'm hoping my real car will be done by then. Chris is building his too. Anyone wanna see tandem domestics?! Until then I'm gonna be practicing with my budget project ...

Comment

yah, i just heard that the Night Walkers red D1 Chaser (just won the Odiba event) and the red Verossa are gonna come.

Comment

I'm game!

Seems as if no one here posts that they want to come. Is it because people are not confident in their skills. I know I'm not good yet, but I bet it will make me better!
        Besides, why not come to Hawaii, have fun drifting and go to the beach too!

Comment

because there are afraid of the FF attack

Comment

wow...are the mainland guys afraid of what they might find out about their skills if they come?? haha jk!

Come on, its just for fun!

Comment

Anything new?

Hey Matto, have you heard anything else about this event?

I wonder if D-1 will let their drivers compete in this event? It is offering more than any other event that I have heard of.

Comment

No one interested?

No one here out to try and see if they can win the money? Or are they afraid of the HRP guardrails? You get used to them being there, trust me.

Comment

Personally ive noticed from watching videos that the hawaiian guys have a better and more true drift style than that of the mainlanders. I thought this was because they run on a real track and not in silly parking lots. Just my .02

Comment

I agree.

Comment

Hmmm....

maybe the local guys here need to come up with funding to go up there!
                      Anyone got some sponsorship money lying around?

Comment

I'm working on it

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyHawaiian
                          I'm working on it
                          so hows the new car

Comment

Very green!! Only 3 more days!!! I cant wait!!

Comment

That;s cool!

Hey, you will maybe have some of the "other" domestic cars as competition. I know of at least one other "Ford" team coming out with a drift car soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X