What do you think is better???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think is better???

#1-------I just stumbled onto this site and it seems pretty good for someone who is going to start drifting(such as myself). But I have a question to ask everyone. I right now have a 91 mazda miata. its a pretty fast car but the four cylynder kinda doesnt let me push the engine to much.Anyway when I went to a dismantling place(junk yard) to find a part for my car I saw a 93 Nissan Silvia. I couldnt believe my eyes. I asked the guy if he was selling it, he told me that he was selling it for 7k. I couldnt believe my eyes. The car runs and everything but the only thing thats wrong with the car is that it is not have anyform of registration for the U.S. I asked him about the pink-slip and he said he would give me an invoice for the engine and chasis, the rest I had to do it on my own. Now I wanted to ask the opinions of the experince people in this forum what should I do.
    #2-------For the second question... what would be a better car for drifting? The 93 Silvia that I was talking about in the previous paragraph. Or a 96 240sx. I know the silvia and the 240 are pretty much the same but I assume that the silvia has a lot more ponies to give. Thanks

#1 forget you ever saw the car. This was a jdm s13?? RHD, sr20, silvia front, etc. ? Still, 7k not legalized, not worth it. You could swap VINs but that is illegal and in a RHD car, easy to tell. Good way to lose $7000.

#2 technically the 96 would be better. The weight distribution is better. Umm...it is all preference though. Your mx-5 would technically be better than the deuce if properly set up though. Perfect weight distribution. With a 1.8 swap and a t25 or t28 turbo and lsd. You would have a beast on your hands. Oh and of course, suspension work.

It is, however, all about preference. Buy the car you want, they are all good for drifting. Have fun.

Comment

Re: What do you think is better???

Originally posted by Nismo
      #1-------I just stumbled onto this site and it seems pretty good for someone who is going to start drifting(such as myself). But I have a question to ask everyone. I right now have a 91 mazda miata. its a pretty fast car but the four cylynder kinda doesnt let me push the engine to much.Anyway when I went to a dismantling place(junk yard) to find a part for my car I saw a 93 Nissan Silvia. I couldnt believe my eyes. I asked the guy if he was selling it, he told me that he was selling it for 7k. I couldnt believe my eyes. The car runs and everything but the only thing thats wrong with the car is that it is not have anyform of registration for the U.S. I asked him about the pink-slip and he said he would give me an invoice for the engine and chasis, the rest I had to do it on my own. Now I wanted to ask the opinions of the experince people in this forum what should I do.
      #2-------For the second question... what would be a better car for drifting? The 93 Silvia that I was talking about in the previous paragraph. Or a 96 240sx. I know the silvia and the 240 are pretty much the same but I assume that the silvia has a lot more ponies to give. Thanks
      I thik first you must decided for is that car are really thing that you need maybe your car is better you know " yours own car is always better than other" Our car industry is really poor but for me MY RUSSIAN CAR IS BETTER THAT ANYTHING ELSE i think that and so it's true/
      On the second questin i think 240sx better but remember your own car is best/

Comment

then what would be better for drifting . The 240 or the miata. I know that my miata has very goood handling but I dont know if it could hang with the 240???

Comment

First off you live in California. That right there makes buying that Silvia not worth it. I live in Tennessee. I can take same Silvia and get it done here. Laws in Cali are hanus and severly strict. Also the cops will know it soon as they spot it, here in Tenn, they don't know a Silvia from a Sentra.

Secondly I severly recommend not learning to Drift in a RHD car. The driving position will screw you all up 10 ways to sunday for later cars. Plus if you haven't driven a RHD car, it's a completely diff ball game at the onset. Gauging distance with you on the other side of the car is odd to strange at best until you get used to it.
          Like they said above, waste of 7000 bucks.

Now onto the other question.I would say a 240 would be much better to drift than a Miata. I just don't think the Miatas have the asss to drift. Too lightweight and not enough power to make it worthwhile. Now gripping is a completely different story. A Miata will hold a road if set up right. I have seen it. But that wasn't the question so disregard that. Any car will break loose the rear end. Whether or not you can control it is a whole nother game.

Do what you want to do, what makes you feel best is what you should do.

Comment

yea what the guy said lol

Comment

If you have the money to buy a 240 and learn on it while daily driving your miata. It would remove some stress. But if you would have to sell the miata to get another car, I suggest sticking with the miata, unless you are scared to mess it up. I have had 3 mx-5s and they drift rather well. The weight or lack thereof would actually be a benefit, and the weight distribution is superior to a 240. There is less power in the miata, but not much if any depending on which ka you get, and it is a lighter car. You can get them with an lsd stock just like a 240, but a 240s is a vlsd. When not properly taken care of, not much of an lsd. And it is a good learner car because it tends to correct itself. You are less likely to spin, but you can still get the rear out. If you want to hear from more guys that drift miatas, there are probably 10+ at driftcentral.com. But like we have all said. Do what you want. We can list the benefits, but dont get stuck with a car you dont want because someone told you it was better. If you like it, you will stick at it until you get it. So get the car you prefer.
              Last edited by hachiroku-fc3s; 01-24-2004, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X