Hi New to the forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi New to the forum

Hey I'm new to the forum so I thought I'd introduce myself to everyone. My namez Dave and live in NY. I've been modding and racing cars for about 3 years (I'm not good by the way). Till now I mostly draged placed my car on shows but now I realize itz no fun. I figure therez got to be something that dictates the winner by the driver's skill and not how much $$$ a person puts on his/her vehicle (like in drag). I've never drifted before but it is a sport that is quickly growing on me and am interested in participating, learning, and experiencing this wonderful sport. So now that all the pleasantries are done perhaps I can start the learning...Thanx

Tuner
    Last edited by hondas2000tuner; 01-23-2004, 02:20 PM.

welcome. good luck learning to drift.

Comment

just out of idiosity...you race an s2000 right?

Comment

Yup~ I found S2000 the perfect car for me (cept winter lol)

Tuner

Comment

Welcome

Comment

howdy....are u gonna drift your s2000 or buy a new car...cuz that car is kinda pricey...oh yeah hows the 9,000 red line?

Comment

Oh I'm definately gonna drift with this one. I put too much money on it to not have it reach itz potentials. Although I probably need to do some SERIOUS suspension tuning...as well as other things.

Tuner

Comment

nice! learn and post some vids!

Comment

thats crazy..i had a dream about buying and drifting a s2k last night...crazy...

Comment

Well here is some photos of my S2000. These are photos from early 03 meets at VA and mid 03 NOPI race series car show so my S has wheels on em thought not shown in picture.

FRONT

SIDE

WITH HOOD OPEN

Here is the mod list:

- Garrett T04E/03 Turbine
                    - UR 440cc injectors
                    - Spearco intercooler
                    - HKS Sequential BOV
                    - HKS Wastegate
                    - HKS 2.5 Stainless Steel Cat-back Exhaust (low hum at 1000~4500 and high scream after VTEC)
                    - Greddy E-management Piggy-back system
                    - Spoon X brace
                    - Spoon Front strut bar
                    - Volk LE37K wheels
                    - C-west Wing (Oh cops LOVE this for some reason. They see a wing and itz like a flag to them)
                    - Marga Hills Kit
                    - Audiovox Alarm system
                    - Custom A-pillar
                    - Apex-i Electrical EGT Gauge
                    - Apex-i Electrical Boost Gauge
                    - Greddy Turbo timer

I think therez few other but I can't think of it right now...

Anyhootz the current suspension setting is to have all weight shift directly to the rear of the car with rising 20% throttle to WOT. Guess I'mma have to change that...

Tuner

Comment

dude...nice car! is your hks bov any good? is it the same psssh sound or wha? good job on the car *thumbs up*

Comment

I agree. Nice car, but you gonna tear the kit all to hell learning to drift in that thing. Thats too pretty to leave on the side of some curb somewhere.

Beautiful car.

Comment

nice ride!!!!

Comment

nice ride man love it im new here too i drive a white 350z track eidition and got a 89 240sx fb as a daily driver. sharin the z with my dad since he paid like 75% of it

Comment

Thanx guys I didn't enticipate all these nice comments~ I've made all modification for racing so I don't much care if things get broken (well maybe the kit...lol ). Itz not here up in New York yet I left it back at Maryland where I used to live but I'm planning to bring it up here after winter (got a 04 civic ex coupe for daily). The BOV isn't bad but I'm only pushing 6psi due to high compression and my 2.5inch exhaust piping creates too much block so the turbine reaches full boost relatively slowly (around 4500 just before V-tec) and my BOV is more of a chirp than a pshh. Tial BOV or Greddy BOV is much more effective if you want the sound....HKS looks nicer but works better with sound on larger engines 6cylz and up (sound from a Supra is just crazy )

Tuner

Comment

Working...
                              X