Falken old muscle drift car?!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falken old muscle drift car?!?!?

Ripped from IGN, coverage of the XDL show. This is crazy! Anyone have ANY info on this beauty?

I believe u should ak Ryan Hampton about the car. Since he's the driver

Comment

I have video of it in action up on my website.

www.hotrodhomepage.com

The car is a 1969 Chevrolet Camaro.

It is running a 13.5:1 compression 468 Cubic Inch Big Block Chevrolet Motor.

Comment

hey i wanted a front lip like that, now im just copying you

Comment

yea i dont know the exact story, i just remeber at one point seeing it painted black with no sponsors, then the next moment its one of the major cars in competition, just awsome, for sure one of my favorites too.

Comment

http://hotrodhomepage.com/?page_id=39

Comment

Comment

I think old cars look like *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* in the Falken scheme, but the Cam itself is badass

Comment

haha thats neat! i cant imagine how slow it must be in turns though. still cool though

Comment

Slow in corners that thing has so much done suspension wise it is a very competetive car. It took them awile but it is getting there. My friend kevin talks to ryan personally a few times a month so i get updates every so often because it is a badass project.

Comment

It doesn't get the angle that the other Falken cars get, but it makes up for it with the SOUND! I think it's just a smallblock 350 though, maybe bored out a bit.

Comment

helllooo.... any videos of this thing in action?

Comment

Just to make everything clear on the car.

The car has a 468ci motor (aka 7.9 Liters). It is running 950cfm carb. Which makes for interesting throttle response. When most people saw the car run it did not have a lot of angle. In the last two months we have made some mods to the steering rack to get more angle. As far as the speed in the corners, the car weighs 2,940lbs. So the speed is fine in the corners. We will see here at D1. Thank you guys for your support on the car! Its good to see some people who are fans of the old muscle cars. We are hoping that the car is finally competitive in Formula D.

Thanks
                          Ryan Hampton

Baller Bolts Titanium Hardware

Comment

Vids are in the link I posted. Good luck Ryan, wish I could see that thing in person. Had no idea you guys did that much weight reduction, good job man!

Comment

Sweet car.

Comment

Working...
                              X