ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boycott Tsuchiya! Dori has gone to far!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boycott Tsuchiya! Dori has gone to far!!!!!

OK, I think, (no… I know) Americans have a disillusion ideal of the Great Drift King Keichi Tsuchiya. If he is the god-father of drifting would he support the growth or the sport rather than repressing it?

This is a VERY confidential email that can impack a lot of people in the industry, so a lot of the names have been edited out…. Sorry, (but we all wanna keep our day jobs)

I think Tsuchiya has gone to far and like a baby... He's not as cool as everybody think he is....

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Monday, December 12, 2005 2:28 PM
    To: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Cc: XXXXXXXXX; XXXXXXXXXXXX
    Subject: ORIDO
    Importance: High

XXXX,

Just got a call from XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.
    Apparently, Tsuchiya and Inada are very upset at the fact that Orido,
    Taniguchi and Ueno ran at XDL. Tsuchiya has now forced the 3 drivers out of
    D1. They will not be running at Irwindale this weekend.
    On top, Tsuchiya has put on pressure to Hot Version (HXXXXXXXX?) to release rido from the HV cast. HV has already accepted Tsuchiya's request and released Orido from the upcoming film shoot.

XXXXXXXXXX received this news directly from Orido. In an e-mail to
    XXXXXXXXXX, Orido explained the above situation and apologized that
    possibilities of him running in D1 and HV film shoot are slim.

I'm not sure how this is going to effect XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX next
    week, but we definitely need to get in touch with XXXXto clarify things. As
    you probably agree, Orido is an important part of XXX and we should stress
    that XXXXshould put their foot down if this ridiculous request from Tsuchiya
    is true. (Although I can easily imagine how XXX is reacting to all this).

XXXX

if this is true, that is ridiculous. but i think we should hear both sides of the argument before we make a decision, so tsuchiya come here and back yourself up

Comment

Before anyone starts boycotting and all, see if the three mentioned will run at D1, which is about 3 days away now..

Comment

yeah right, and if your gonna claim to represent the"industry" learn how not to look like a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored**Censored* *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored* and learn how to spell "impact".

Comment

first how did u get this email? is it real...beside we cant really judge dori san based on that email. but like CamelTouge said if the 3 dont show at irwindale for some "unexplained" reasons then it might be true. but dont go saying things about Tsuchiya if you dont know him personally...and if i was tsuchiya i would repressing drifting in the US...y? cause a majority is drifting or trying just for the cool factors,sponserships, and money...but thats just me...go ahead and hate me now....

Comment

I don't believe in heresy unless it's right there in front of me talking to me face to face.

There's enough rumors and speculation anyways, without adding to the fire. When it comes down to it, it's business. Remember that.

Comment

I think this e-mail is a fake

Comment

if it's true, it wouldn't be the first time that D1 has tried to flex their muscle and push people out.

if it's false, it wouldn't be the first time rumors of D1 pushing people around have come around, especially just days before the event.

Comment

i think its those drag racers that planted this email

Comment

Business is business, contracts are contracts, Japanese people are not American people...

Culture differences, learn them and don't cry about it. Stop watching and go drive.

Comment

While this email does seem suspicious..

My question is what would this person have to gain from creating a fake email that mentions no names of the parties involved except for Taniguchi, Ueno, and Orido?

And for the past few months there have been more and more talk about Taniguchi and Ueno possibly leaving D1...so this XDL thing isn't that hard to believe.

What does seem hard to believe about this whole thing to me is how this person got a hold of this email.

Also..why would Keiichi do this now? He had to have known about those three driver's intention on running XDL within a reasonable amount of time before the actual event..so if he disliked that idea..then he would have made some kind of action like this sooner and it would have gotten out possibly before XDL instead of afterward.

The letter mentions Orido apoligizing to someone since his chances in competing in D1 and being in Hot Version are slim...so it would make sense that the people he's apologizing to would be RS-R since they are his title drifting sponsor.

So if anyone would be ticked off about this whole situation it would be them since they are loosing all of that exposure over this alleged hissy fit that the drift king is having.

Perhaps we should wait and see if RS-R makes any kind of public statement about this...otherwise..I'll be at the media day for the D1 event and I'll be sure to ask if this is true.

At the last D1 media event I was the only person that asked about that whole rumor of Ueo being banned
                      Last edited by MonkeySlide; 12-12-2005, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Well put Monkey! lets wait till media day to find out the truth.
                        And as for you Mike your a dumb *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* that don't know anything about the industry on the J-side so I would just shut up if I was you and not flex your internet geek muscle!!!

email came today. Dori did this recently, lets wait till D1 to see what happens...

just remember I told you soooooo...............

Comment

the one thought that runs through my mind when i see this is that it might be a publicity scam from D1 to arouse more attention for the USA vs JPN match this weekend...
                          but I heard something of this nature at XDL

Comment

good god i love politics! i can't wait to check out the D1 event this week to dig up some dirt.

riddle me this batman...do you know how many D1 drivers were at SEMA looking for rides in '06 for formula D?

Comment

Originally posted by AllMotorKing
                              good god i love politics! i can't wait to check out the D1 event this week to dig up some dirt.

riddle me this batman...do you know how many D1 drivers were at SEMA looking for rides in '06 for formula D?
                              there were definately a hand full of drivers who were, at the very least, 'shopping around'.

won't mention names though...

Comment

Working...
                              X