VIDEO- Papadakis Crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIDEO- Papadakis Crash

Hey this is DC- Just got back from Irwindale. Edited the video of Steph last night getting his D1 license- well, that and also the crash from today. He put it into the last wall in his 3rd quallifying run.

Right click and Save As:

Papadakis D1 Licensing Run

And the Crash....

As bad as the video looks, the car is not in horrible shape- needs some suspension components and some body panels, but the frame is straight.

Also, here is the list of NEW D1 licensed drivers from last night.

Hiro Sumida 99pts
    Taka Aono 97pts
    Steph Papadakis 96pts
    Rod Millen 95pts
    Richard Parise 94pts
    Chris Motz 94pts

-DC

Man this different course is sure creating alot of carnage,I was there on Thurs also was not a good day

Comment

Hey DC, nice video.
      Here i got a present for you
      Last edited by Chock; 12-16-2005, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chock
        Hey DC, nice video.
        Here i got a present for you
        Whats that? The link is asking me to log into Cal Poly...

??

Comment

dammit, sorry i'll fix it in a bit

.:edit:.
          you should be able to see it now
          Last edited by Chock; 12-16-2005, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UNITEDMASTER
            Man this different course is sure creating alot of carnage,I was there on Thurs also was not a good day
            There's a lot more movement, and the clipping points have been moved to push the limits of the cars.

that, and a lot of drivers just got used to the setup of the old course, and adapting to the new course is becoming a bit rough.

Plus, the infield part was freshly paved, so that transition off of the big bank is slippery, and the cold weather isn't helping. Plus, the judges said that they want to see the drivers as close to the wall as possible. It's very tricky to get close to the wall in that corner given the entry angle, and the US driving field was tough so people were pushing it.
            Last edited by Slapshotnerd; 12-16-2005, 10:05 PM.

Comment

One thing about US D1...there's always an azzload of crashing going on. Does he have a back up car? Poor Steph.
              Last edited by ArchangelX; 12-16-2005, 10:37 PM.

Comment

My sincerest sympathies, Steph....

I had the privilege of watching you guys run from the high bank vantage point. You and Ben Schwartz were really pushing it hard from where we stood and both you guys were getting the fans really worked up!

As I mentioned, that S2000 of yours was almost too pretty to be a drift car.

I'm very glad though, that you made it through the Driver's Search successfully.

It was great to catch up with you and my best wishes for a speedy repair.

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd
                  There's a lot more movement, and the clipping points have been moved to push the limits of the cars.

that, and a lot of drivers just got used to the setup of the old course, and adapting to the new course is becoming a bit rough.

Plus, the infield part was freshly paved, so that transition off of the big bank is slippery, and the cold weather isn't helping. Plus, the judges said that they want to see the drivers as close to the wall as possible. It's very tricky to get close to the wall in that corner given the entry angle, and the US driving field was tough so people were pushing it.

From what I can see the course looks the same just backwards? Am I missing something I guess I will see it tommorow.

Comment

Originally posted by brainfood
                    From what I can see the course looks the same just backwards? Am I missing something I guess I will see it tommorow.
                    the clipping points are moved a lot more. to the average viewer, it looks like whatever.

but i'll tell you this. last year, the clipping point for the 'kickback' was much closer to that first big corner. so you had more time to recover for the inner turn. This year, it's closer to the wall, and seems to be lower.

10 feet can be everything in physics land...

Comment

I guess it doesn't really matter now but when did the s2k get painted burgundy. Sorry to hear about the crash

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd
                        the clipping points are moved a lot more. to the average viewer, it looks like whatever.

but i'll tell you this. last year, the clipping point for the 'kickback' was much closer to that first big corner. so you had more time to recover for the inner turn. This year, it's closer to the wall, and seems to be lower.

10 feet can be everything in physics land...

Thank you for the condesending remarks but I was asking because its hard to tell in the video. Thanks for the clarification though I will see it tommorow. The infield still looks damn slippery I know it was horrid last fri.

Comment

Originally posted by RotaDrift
                          I guess it doesn't really matter now but when did the s2k get painted burgundy. Sorry to hear about the crash
                          for SEMA.

Comment

oh that poor chargespeed wide body.

Comment

i dont know if thats the mentality you have when you're a baller or if you have a sponsored vehicle. That video just shows how much of a good sport he is and how he's a professional, cuz i know if i crashed like that, i would have choked some one out!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X