camaro drifting plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• camaro drifting plans

ok, I just acquired a 3rdGen camaro, and from the looks of it, it's actually driftable. so, it's dog ugly, and I'm already starting to draw up plans for un uglying it. theres the evoluzione body kit by euro works, but it's 8 thousand dollars, and it sure would suck to slap a body that costs more than the car against the stacks of tires. so, I've discovered that fxdesigns makes a front end and back end for it, and that american sports car design makes a wide body for it. from there i intend to upgrade the tails to led strip euro's, and upgrade the head lights to upper silverado units. heres the ms paint version of it. let me know what you all think

PS: the plan is for an aluminum 5.3, with twin turbo's, a cam, and possibly short stroked to a 305. (air/fuel management upgrades will of course be necessary)

the suspension plans as of now are:

back:
    -Relocate upper control arms to become parallel
    -add mumford link system for roll center lowering/differential location
    -high rate springs+adjustable spring jacks
    -adjustable gas shocks
    -larger higher rate hollow sway bar
    -4 point hatch brace
    -13" disk brakes
    -set of energy suspension bushings

front:
    -adjustable struts
    -high rate springs+adjustable spring jacks
    -same size, higher rate hollow sway bar
    -4 point strut tower brace
    -13" disks with twin piston calipers
    -set of energy suspension bushings

and the intended tire wheel package is 18", with 245-45-18 spec V or Z.

any other suggestions?

if possible try overcomplicating the car more so it works even worse, your suspension setup is too simple for your overkill iron block turbo setup and stock steering mods. everyone nkows to drift you need 100* of steering angle and to ctotally move all the mounting points and stuff as well as haivng a custom block and huge turbo kit and 10000rwhp, everyone knows building crazy overcomplicated drift cars is where its at, good luck.

seriously though, leave it alone, drift it, improve where it NEEDS it, dont overcomplicate crap b/c you think you know what you are doing, drift it, improve its weak areas, but dont do all this overcomplicated CRAP. seat time, testing, fix whats wrong. keep it simple, DRIVE IT. improve where needbe. hint, get a spool, get more steering angle, get a stout clutch and some extra 16'' junkyard wheels you can run 245/50r16 on, and work from there. DRIVE DRIVE DRIVE DRIVE DRIVE it, dont do all this goofy crap you dont need. DRIVE DRIVE DRIVE DRIVE DRIVE. if it has a spot it really sucks (which will be steering angle) improve its weak spots, and if its not broke dont fix it. DRIVE DRIVE DRIVE.

Comment

Holy Facking Sh!t...........for once I agree with you Mike.....WIERD?

Comment

do i smelll................................RICE!!!! or hey wait the regular old bandwagon *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* .

Comment

Originally posted by 110octane
          Holy Facking Sh!t...........for once I agree with you Mike.....WIERD?

uh my opinion on getting into drifting has been like that since day one...

Comment

Working...
          X