Exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust

I was looking at exhausts at jspec.com, and for all of the exhaust it said to use for a turbo car, it would be loud for a n/a car, my question is, how loud would they be for a non-turbo car?

What brand was it? what car was it for?

Comment

It was for the s-13, and the exhausts I was looking for, was the HKS drager 2, and the 5-Zigen fireball.

Comment

I've Heard that 5Zigen is LOUD!!! but i dont know about the HKS...

Comment

Re: Exhaust

Originally posted by Rooney
          it would be loud for a n/a car, my question is, how loud would they be for a non-turbo car?
          Im confused. Didnt you answer your own question before you asked it? n/a doesnt mean not applicable. It means naturally aspirated (means no turbo). Unless it does mean not applicable.

Just confused by your grammar.

Comment

Re: Re: Exhaust

Originally posted by hachiroku-fc3s
            Im confused. Didnt you answer your own question before you asked it? n/a doesnt mean not applicable. It means naturally aspirated (means no turbo). Unless it does mean not applicable.

Just confused by your grammar.
            The question was, how loud would the exhaust be for a non-turbo car. It said to use the exhaust for a turbo car.

Comment

What do you consider loud???

My boss has an HKS Dragger 2 on his car and it's NA, I think his exhaust sounds great, very deep and rumbly.

My exhaust is a 5Zigen Fireball muffler w/custom pipe, I thought it sounded good for about the first few months, but it gets too raspy like a weedeater sometimes.

Are you planning on ordering it online and having it shipped to you or are you local to SoCal??? Cause if you're local to SoCal I would drive over to Sam's shop and have him test fit it on your car so you can hear it before you buy. Or come over to our shop and listen to my boss'.

Comment

I was gonna order it online, Since you live across the country, I dont think I could make it over there.

Comment

I got a Apexi N1 w/ 3 inch piping. Its loud, but thats what I wanted. Looks bad *Censored**Censored**Censored* too.

Comment

i have trust DD on N/A KA24DE, its pretty loud but not extremely. i run without any sort of silencer, i got pulled over for it once but that cop is a *Censored**Censored**Censored*got. *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ing ernie.

i love the way it sounds though, while its loud it isnt at all whiney, very deep and thunderous. its leaky though one of my flanges cracked against the diff cause my car is too low, exhaust crackles very hard on deceleration, sounds bad *Censored**Censored**Censored*

Comment

Originally posted by PearlWhiteMike
                      i have trust DD on N/A KA24DE, its pretty loud but not extremely. i run without any sort of silencer, i got pulled over for it once but that cop is a *Censored**Censored**Censored*got. *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ing ernie.

i love the way it sounds though, while its loud it isnt at all whiney, very deep and thunderous. its leaky though one of my flanges cracked against the diff cause my car is too low, exhaust crackles very hard on deceleration, sounds bad *Censored**Censored**Censored*
                      I heard your boyfriend say your a$$ was deep, and thunderous when he was decelerating.

Comment

yeah and i can get both fists elbow deep in my DD

youre so flattering warren

Comment

When they refer to turbo, its usally means the piping size. Most of the time 60 mm is N/A and 80mm is turbo.

Comment

i have to agree with chaos the size of the piping is the differnce bigger the pipe you need more power to push all the air out or the pipe (turbo) so if you use a turbo cat back lets say 3 inch you will maybe gain high end power but ultimatly loose power since in a na car you gain power by backpressure here is a link that goes into more detail
                            http://www.club240.com/forums/showth...&threadid=1406

Comment

if you have a non turbo car you should get an exaust that is about 60mm like chas said because if you get a turbo exaust than you will most likely have idal problems and it will sound like crap. i have the HKS hyper for my sr20det it sounds good. if i were you id go with the HKS but dont get me wrong the 5-zigen is also a good exaust.

Comment

Working...
                              X