Who else uses the Feint technique?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who else uses the Feint technique?

My favorite technique to use when drifting is the Feint Technique . I"m curious if anyone else uses this technique? I first tried it when my E-Brake (Handbrake) broke and I wanted to keep drifting anyway. It was sort of a challenge to find a new technique (my car is auto). But I quickly found that this technique was very effective with my car because my car is heavy (3400 pounds). It took a while, but now I feel comfortable doing a Feint at 60 mph (keep in mind now, we drift on a road course with walls). This is now the main technique I use to initiate Choku-Dori's. Anyone else do Feint drifts?

i prefer the kansai drift...

Kansei Drift - this is performed at race speeds, when entering a high speed corner a driver lifts his foot off the throttle to induce a mild over steer and then balances the drift through steering and throttle motions. (note the car that is being used for this style of drift should be a neutral balanced car therefore the over steer will induce itself, if the car plows through any turn this technique will not work)

Comment

dori star looks like u copyed that off of driftsession.com

Comment

hehe

actually, they copied it off of djeleqtrique.com (i think)... but yea, i do use it.... and it does work... most of tha time...

Comment

i think when i start learning that kansei drift would be too scary since i will be learning with a camaro....something a little more slower till i understand control....maby when i get to learn how to drift better i wont be so scared...i watch my bf drift and the way his friend with the white 91 camaro and they use diffrent techniques...i cant explain it really cause i might be wrong...but i notice that my bf uses more throttle as for his friend he uses ebrake to kick the back out....now in my opinion i would be too afraid to throttle so i would prefer to use ebrake....any suggestion on what is some good techniques to learn on for the first time???

Comment

hmmmm....

i would try the Feint Drift-
            This is performed by rocking the car towards the outside of a turn and then using the rebound of grip to throw the car into the normal cornering direction. This is heavy rally racing technique used to change vehicle attitudes during cornering... this is how i learned... or Swaying Drift (Choku-Dori) -
            This is a slow side-to-side faint like drift where the rear end sways back and forth down a strait.
            this helps you learn controll of the car...

Comment

yeah my bf CrazyHawaiian uses that tech. its diffrent in a domestic because it is sooo heavy thats why im kinda scared...plus too where the drift session is held down here theres like guarlrails n rubbish cans....so me trying that out...could be baddddd any other suggestions?

Comment

you can do what i did...

...2a.m. in tha k-mart parking lot ... (you gotta learn somehow!!!)...

Comment

hehe yeah that was my bf orignal plan to take me to a deserted parking lot to learn a little bit but hawaiis not that big so its hard to find some where very empty and safe from cops i could only think of two places off the top of my head that would be safe but theres always cops around.....but eventually i will be down at the tracks drifting with the regular guys....i just dont wanna show up looking like an *Censored**Censored**Censored*....but i probably will lol.....but they will understand.....at our events it mostly the same guys since the drift session in hawaii has started so everyone knows everyone....

Comment

thats kool... good luck...

Comment

hey?

crazy hawiian how much rwhp do you have??

Comment

To me its not about HP, its about Torque. My old motor was underpowered. It was a L03, 305ci TBI. I think it was rated at 180hp and 250 ft/lbs or something silly like that. The lack of power made it hard to throttle through so I had to use a few different techniques at the same time to drift good. Anyway, I took that motor out and swapped in a L98, 350ci TPI. The new motor is rated at 245hp and 330 ft/lbs, but after my engine mods (aluminum heads, cam, springs, home ported intake and throttlebody, headers, and a home made chip) I estimate somewhere around 320 rwhp and 430 rwtq. The car is still down (welding together a rollcage) so I haven't had any track time with the new setup. My daily driver has more power than that so I should be OK out on the track.

The Feint and Dori techniques are not good learner techniques. The best technique to learn on with a domestic is slow speed drifting using the e-brake and throttle. Good practice would be trying to do figure 8's in a clear space. Once you feel how the car reacts, then up the speed and try new techniques.

Comment

hehe babe figure 8's??? omy im gonna get dizzy haha

Comment

Dont worry, we can be dizzy together!!

Comment

DAMN YOU COUPLES!!!

i gotta find me a stable (un crazy, un-self centered...) chic..

Comment

Working...
                              X