ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vaughn Gittin Jr./Falken Tire (Press Release)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vaughn Gittin Jr./Falken Tire (Press Release)

Rancho Cucamonga, Ca. - Since early 2003 the Falken Tire Motorsport Program has been a leading force in the growth of the sport of drifting here in the United States. It is apparent now that with 2005 behind us Falken Tire has single handedly changed the face of the sport. Throughout the course of the year they have traveled near and far to compete. They have won, they have lost; they have had the ups and downs as with any racing program. But in this journey they have made the name Falken Tire stand tall in the drifting community.

This truth was further exemplified most recently at Irwindale Speedway, on Dec. 17, 2005. The 2005 year end exhibition All Star match of the D1 Grand Prix Series was held to match the top drivers from Japan, against the top drivers that the US had to offer. From the start, the event seemed to fall into the hands of Vaughn Gittin Jr. Round after round the Team Falken driver, proved to be amongst the elite in the world as he toppled driver after driver from the highest ranks of the Japanese contingent. Vaughn Gittin had indeed piloted his RT-615 equipped Falken Tire, XMP built, 2005 Ford Mustang GT to the winners circle. By doing so, he also became the 1st ever American driver to win a D1 event as well as receiving credit for putting the first American manufactured car on a D1 podium. This win marks Falken Tire Corporation’s first victory (home or abroad) in the D1 Series.

Vaughn Gittin Jr. on his monumental victory for American drifting and Falken Tire: "Words cannot express how I feel after this amazing victory for myself, my sponsors, and drifting in America. I would like to sincerely thank Falken Tire Corporation and all of my supporting sponsors for believing in me and giving me all the necessary support to continue to stay competitive.
    I would especially like to thank my friends, family and most importantly all of the fans of drifting for the cheers and mental support that has been so important in my confidence and success. I hope this victory opens opportunities for up and coming drivers and also opens all eyes to the dedication and heart American drivers possess. I am looking forward to what 2006 brings American drifting.”

Falken Tire Motorsports will campaign a nine car team in 2006 and will be competing in the Formula Drift Series, all stateside D1 Grand Prix events as well as drifting demonstrations at the Falken Tire Drift Showoffs’.

Thats my boy...

Comment

GO FALKEN!

Comment

yay for falken!! nine cars!! how many did they have in 2005?

Comment

Excellent, Its all about 06, FD and the DA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X