Tokyo Xtreme Racer DRIFT Press Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tokyo Xtreme Racer DRIFT Press Release

Im for sure buying this! CANT beat a $19.99 release price!!! GO PS2!!!

Crave Entertainment Puts Pedal to the Metal with Tokyo Xtreme Racer DRIFT
    Newport Beach, CA - January 5, 2005 -Crave Entertainment, a leading publisher of console videogames, today announced the next installment in the popular street racing series, Tokyo Xtreme Racer DRIFT for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system. The game is expected to be available in early 2006 for an MSRP of $19.99.

Tokyo Extreme Racer DRIFT takes the adrenaline of street racing into the mountains and onto very demanding courses. Race real production cars on real mountain courses. Nissan, Toyota, Subaru, Audi, Alfa Romeo, Mini, Volkswagen and more are all there to be tested on some of Japan's toughest terrain in Iroha, Haruna, Rokko and Hakone. State-of-the-art data recording techniques ensure that the courses look, feel and race just like the real thing.

Tokyo Extreme Racer DRIFT has two distinct racing challenges. As a race car driver, you take part in official mountain races during the daytime and then race for pride (and car upgrades and parts) at night. The idea is to earn money from day races to enhance your car and then bet car parts in night races. Sponsors will further enhance your income if you are successful. There are uphill and downhill races, day and night time races, challenging weather and season conditions and a nerve-ending one on one rival racing battle system.

Game features include:

Drive and compete in licensed cars from Nissan, Toyota, Mitsubishi, Subaru, Audi, Alfa Romeo, Mini, Volkswagen and more.
    Customize your cars in endless combinations.
    Master the driving art of "Drift" and earn respect and victories.
    Race in the picturesque and authentic mountain sides of Japan.
    Compete in official day and unofficial night races.
    Winding hills, changing weather and grueling environments affect the race course and test your driving skill.
    Multiplayer competition with rival races.

About Crave Entertainment

Based in Newport Beach, California, Crave Entertainment is a subsidiary of Handleman Corp. Crave, a publisher of videogame entertainment products creates games for the major console platforms including PSP(tm) (PlayStation®Portable) system, Nintendo DS(tm), Game Boy® Advance, Nintendo GameCube(tm), the PlayStation® game console, PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and the Xbox® video game system from Microsoft. For more information about Crave Entertainment, please visit www.cravegames.com.
    Last edited by driftersil80; 01-11-2006, 07:09 PM.

OOOO.....kind of a dissapointment. This game is really Kaido Battle 1. Kind of an old game actually! It was released in Japan in 2003.....

Comment

awesome. I am gonna get it when it hits shelves

Comment

After some skimming, some sites say release date : January 17th, some same Febuary, yet some say even april....
        Can't wait, whenever it is.

Comment

ill try it. but the other tokyo ex games, the physics are terrible. not even fun

Comment

they need to release kb3 here

Comment

Yea. KB3 is what they need. Finding out it was KB1 was like "O that sux", mostly because I hve MASTERED KB2 and drifting in that game. Oh and BTW, the physics are great in the Kaido Battle games. The graphics are great and are like TXR except on Touge instead of Highway. The physics are PERFECT for drifting. They are realistic-ish enough to be able to have fully tuned car settings, yet not overly realistic where drifting is impossible. Drifting is fairly easy in the game, and your skills improve as you go. Ive had Kaido Battle 2 for a year and a half and my skills are STILL improving in that game (I can now do really fast drifts 40-100mph, versus easier slow drifts).

Comment

I really enjoyed playing through KB2 and KB3 so I think KB1 will be sweet. And for $20, why not get it. I really wanna play Touge 3 for ps2, its on ebay for like 30 bucks. But they should also bring over Racing Battle C1 grand prix for ps2. That game was awesome to play through.

Comment

Working...
                X