ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stop 1: Long Beach Grand Prix- Track info.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop 1: Long Beach Grand Prix- Track info.

I covered the LBGP last year and it was a blast watching the guys rip thru the streets of long beach. It was great seeing the reactions from people that had never seen professional drifting before.

Unfortunately over heating was an issue, since they ran the whole course in 20-30 minute segments. This year they will still have the demo at the actual Grand Prix the week following (who will be running that?) the Formula D event.

Here is a quote from the long beach authority
    Southern California “Drifting” fans will have a week to remember beginning Sunday, April 2 in downtown Long Beach.

Fifty of the world’s top professional drifters will be going at it on Sunday, April 2 in turns 9-10-11 of the famed Long Beach street circuit in Round One of the inaugural 2006 Need For Speed Formula Drift Championship presented by Circuit City season.

The Drifting Round One festivities will also include a “vendor village” and car show located in the eastern side parking lot of the Convention Center between Seaside Way and Shoreline Drive.

Following that, the drifters will get geared up for three separate battles the following Friday, Saturday and Sunday, April 7-9 at the 32nd Annual Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach.

Here is a picture of the couse layout, turns 9, 10, 11. (see below)

here is turn 9, where they will be starting

best shot of turn 10 i could find

ending thru turn 11

Enjoy and we will see you all there!
    Attached Files

by the looks of the track layout, this will be the 1st event where a decent amount of manji will be a factor in the judging to connect turn 9 to 10.

Comment

wasn't there already a thread with this information?

Comment

i didnt see anything on the 1st page about it?

Comment

Hopefully Formula D doesnt want too much $$$$ to set up a booth in the drifting display area ,if its not too expenseive I will get a booth,also depending on funds we might run a car see you there.

Comment

http://www.drifting.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17767

Comment

oh well, i got actual shots of the turn in my thread

Comment

"Hopefully Formula D doesnt want too much $$$$ to set up a booth in the drifting display area ,if its not too expenseive I will get a booth,also depending on funds we might run a car see you there. "

We currently offer the lowest prices of any drifting event. Contact us, we'll take care of ya.

As far as the course, The GP association is actual working with us to widen it in certian areas to make the course the best possible for drifting. We will also be testing the course in February.

I'll keep everyone posted.

FD

Comment

they should do the round about in front of the aquarium...that would be pretty fun to get tires in your food while eating at bubba gumps.

Comment

Well you might get that chance. Last year we did drift around the fountain at Bubba Gumps for a newscast.... and we will be back at the GP the following week in a new team competition format that will be announced shortly.

Ryan

Comment

Hey im curious. where are teh judges gonna hang out? looks hard to see everythign needed on such a long course. any idea on clipping points or anything on that course?

someone post a video of it being run. looks crazy long.

Comment

mike-

the area will be visible if they take down the catch fences, if not, i cant really answer that question unless they plan to make the stage taller then last years, bc those fences are pretty tall there.

those catch fences are sucky for us photographers too, but they do serve their purpose.
                        Last edited by markshatchi86; 01-16-2006, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Damn that track looks like so much fun. Wish I could sample that one!!

Comment

There will be a massive tower built for judges viewing and we have talked about putting monitors in the judging tower to help to see the straight away before the first turn

Comment

Working...
                            X