Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CASTING CALL for MTV TV Show "Fast Ashleys"

Fellow Drifters!!

LA, CA - MTV Show looking for Drifting cars for an episode of a hip new car show. All cars welcome, even non-drifting "Fast and the Furious" style cars. Sleek, super tricked out, eye-catchers, "sleepers", and drifters, and super involved owners, champs and underdogs. Cars will be used in show, finalists will be used in photo shoot for major magazine.

If you are interested reply to carflippers@yahoo.com w/ name number and pic of car (if you have one). Will we give you the details when you reply!

sounds shady

why can't you reveal information?

there have been a handful of open casting calls posted on here in the past. They have been very effective in getting the cars out which deserved to be there. Might as well do it that way.

otherwise, i have access to a database with around 600 cars (no, this ISN'T the moviecarz database....) if you're interested, drop me a line - jacob at jacob photo dot com

Comment

sounds like a fake casting call...get lost

Comment

jesus christ...maybe you should wait a little while and see what develops before you totally pass judgement based on one single post?!

The guy might actually be legit we'll know if he contacts jacob until then put your flame thrower away cowboy

Comment

This member was already contacted by Drifting.com before this thread became live.

Comment

Originally posted by INFO
            This member was already contacted by Drifting.com before this thread became live.
            Who was contacted, and what was the result?

Comment

the yahoo email throws me off. Sounds cool if legit though. I guess MTV needs something since pimp my ride is over.

Comment

The associate producer, who posted on this forum, was called so we could request a contact name, phone number, business email address and air date.

Casting Call info:
                Feb 2 @ 10am (Loc. TBD)

Comment

i may be interested in it, but one thing is for sure, i am not taking them to my regular touge. i heard some bs happened to a couple guys where a news crew blackmailed them into doing a story or they would be turned into the cops for racing. long story short, they did the story and felt violated. i think that the poster of this thread should chime in and give us some more info, maybe a phone number??

Comment

damm so much negative feed back.. u should know drifting.com is pretty good at getting rid of whack posts. but anyways.. if you don't like it don't read it.. and i'll have my car on the show.

Comment

I think a lot of people here were at the casting call that I helped to make happen. You know, the one with 500 cars...

I'm willing to help out if needbe. But he has to let me know...

Comment

If it was a MTV pilot they would have an MTV email adress to the production crew working out of "Remote Productions" Loft.
                        This could be a privite production self funding a "Pilot" and then trying to sell it to MTV or other networks.

Comment

This member is using a MTV Staff email account.

Comment

It could be that junkyard/repo show then.
                            Personally I am sick of these "production companies" stealing the culture.
                            Thank god Viacom has some new *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* in line with Platinum Car DVD Producers as EP's.
                            Last edited by ///AMG; 01-20-2006, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Fast Ashleys (the company) is legit. I worked on a Fast Ashleys program concept and assisted the company developing the sales strategy about 2-3 years ago.

I am not currently involved with these folks in any capacity and I never heard where it went, but suddenly, it has resurfaced.

A little background: As I recall, Fast Ashleys was to have a mega motorsports park in the Palm Springs area along with a giant exotic car showroom adjacent thereto. That too has not yet materialized. They cater to the high end and classic car owners. Their website www.fastashleys.com has very limited information, but you can do some more research on your own. I will dig up the prospectus this weekend and share what I can about this project's origins, if anyone is interested.

If MTV is involved, you can be sure of a couple of things:

1) It won't pay squat...MTV is notorious for dangling the "you'll get to work with MTV" carrot in front of their people...just ask their cameramen and employees.

2) It'll be stereotypical portrayals with contrived components that will upset the hardcore fan base found here. Remember: Fast Ashleys is about classics and exotics, I can bet that our import cars would not be portrayed positively.

Participate at your own risk. Get an insurance certificate up front. Get payment up front and don't settle for less than $500 a day. You'd be shocked at what the exotic car guys are getting for 1 day rentals to studios.

Comment

Working...
                              X