PDA

View Full Version : HUBINETTE To Pilot MOPAR DODGE CHARGER in 2006

INFO
01-24-2006, 03:30 PM
http://www.driftingvideoclips2.com/10618_DriftMagAd.jpg

HUBINETTE TO PILOT MOPAR DODGE CHARGER IN 2006

Center Line, Mich. — Samuel Hubinette will kickoff his Formula Drift Series season in 2006 with a brand new look. The “Crazy Swede” is set to switch to a Hemi-powered Mopar Dodge Charger in the season-opening event at Long Beach, Calif., in April. Hubinette, who notched the inaugural Formula Drift Series championship in 2004, posted a runner-up finish in 2005 drifting an SRT10 Dodge Viper.

Hubinette’s new Mopar Dodge Charger was unveiled during the Mopar press conference at the SEMA trade show in Las Vegas last November. Hubinette will campaign the Charger for Shaun Carlson and his NuFormz Racing team. Carlson, who maintained the Mopar Viper Competition Coupe that Hubinette piloted to the 2004 championship, will also serve as Hubinette’s crew chief.

“I think it was time for a change, and I’m really looking forward to taking the wheel of the Mopar Dodge Charger in 2006,” Hubinette said. “Mopar and SRT in Detroit had been working hard to prepare the car before Shaun Carlson got his hands on it, and his team at NuFormz Racing has really impressed me with what they’ve done. I haven’t been disappointed so far. The thing has got power!”

Hubinette contended for the 2005 Formula Drift championship until the final event, and ranked only 40 points behind the champion in his runner-up finish. He scored two wins in 2005 at Atlanta and Chicago.

Slapshotnerd
01-24-2006, 04:32 PM
very interesting.

Especially since it's rumored that Carlson will be driving an IHRA Pro Stock car for Mopar this year as well... I hope there aren't any scheduling conflicts!!

and dayum, the charger is a freakin landbarge! that thing is HUGE! should be quite a change for Sam!

Shaun tuning Sam's car at D1
http://www.everythingdrift.com/images/gallery/20051217_d1gp_bts/34_3666_jl.jpg

Nixon
01-24-2006, 04:39 PM
i love it that theres a big 4 door american v8 thats going to compete.
now if only i could get sponsored by ford to drift my crown vic :D :p

Pennyman
01-24-2006, 05:21 PM
Yeah, that Charger's a behemoth, pretty ugly too IMO. Should be quite a change going from one of the fastest American cars to a 4 door family car EDITED.

One thing's for sure: With that thing clogging up the track, Mr.Hubinette won't have to worry about other drift cars passing him!

Octagon
01-24-2006, 07:02 PM
Leaf springs??? You REALLY know nothing, don't you?

The 300C/Charger/Magnum and the other cars on the LX platform use a modified version of the past Mercedes Benz E-Class sedan's five link independent rear suspension.

Sheesh, when did somebody make a 3 drink minimum mandatory for posters on this site?

JA92S13
01-24-2006, 07:37 PM
More pics please..

Slapshotnerd
01-24-2006, 08:04 PM
from SEMA:
http://www.everythingdrift.com/images/gallery/20051102-05_sema2005/17_051102-05_sema_7415_jl.jpg
http://www.everythingdrift.com/images/gallery/20051102-05_sema2005/18_051102-05_sema_7416_jl.jpg

Pennyman
01-24-2006, 08:21 PM
EDITED. Thanks for clearing that up. Still don't like the car. There are more interesting vehicles to learn the inner workings of. No drinking for me though, haha.

Jeez, it's large. It's probably bigger than Ueno's Soarer.

Tsunami
01-25-2006, 09:22 AM
I'm diggin the retro powerplant. Early Hemi displacement and a hi-ram intake, 450-500hp. The suspension and chassis is good, Benz stuff, but they are going to have a challenge to get the weight down, I see it weighing in at about 3300, unless they go with composite bodywork. That puts at a power/weight ratio a tad lower than that of the other domestics out there.

To me it would make more sense to use the smaller, lighter Challenger, but the Charger makes more sense from a sales standpoint. I.e. mom and dad see it at Daytona, jr. sees it at the D1.

Drift Brick
01-25-2006, 01:08 PM
HORK!

GOD I hate those cars. :mad:

aaronlosey
01-25-2006, 02:15 PM
i don't like the cars either, but i think the variety is awesome. i think its really cool sam is going to pilot something else this year. i hope he stays competitive in it though, and doesn't pull a taniguchi.

brainfood
01-26-2006, 12:32 AM
Good I was pretty tired of the viper glad to see him in something else he has mad skillz. Speaking of Mad Skillz what is Reese driving next season?

nasty nate 7
01-26-2006, 12:49 AM
the american version of a chaser,mark2, laurel, cefiro??? guess this is what we came up with, though i was hoping the dodge challenger wouldve been a lot more interesting....

MonkeySlide
01-26-2006, 01:38 AM
I think its a cool car..I just wonder if it can be as competitive as the viper was..

I heard that Rhys might be running the new pontiac solstice GXP (turbocharged) roadster this season.

If its true that would be pretty sweet.

A.Kors180
01-26-2006, 01:53 AM
word on the street is they are cutting the chassis length down by 5%...

Slapshotnerd
01-26-2006, 02:52 AM
I heard that Rhys might be running the new pontiac solstice GXP (turbocharged) roadster this season.

That was confirmed a week or two ago, on here.... but it won't be ready until Long Beach

kineticdb8r
01-26-2006, 09:14 AM
this is shaping up to be an interesting year

2 new cars for the TOP 2

Falkens cars are sorted out...............

interesting

cant wait for long beach

shubinette
01-26-2006, 01:07 PM
Yes its definitely going to be a challenge with a BIG car. But also very exiting to see how competitive we can be.
I got a new crew this year, Shan Carlson from Nuformz that got some sick skills from the drag industry, so he definitely knows how to get a car light.
It’s great to see all different responses.
Drift Ya later

z28evans
01-27-2006, 12:26 PM
I love the new charger's look - but who'd guess that i like large muscle cars :)

s0nny80y
01-29-2006, 09:16 PM
well, all i could say is wait for 2007. 2007 dodge challenger.

geekmonster
01-30-2006, 11:10 AM
Yes its definitely going to be a challenge with a BIG car. But also very exiting to see how competitive we can be.
I got a new crew this year, Shan Carlson from Nuformz that got some sick skills from the drag industry, so he definitely knows how to get a car light.
It’s great to see all different responses.
Drift Ya later

sounds like you'll have your work cut out for ya, but will the charger be in the long beach formula d?

nasty nate 7
01-31-2006, 02:35 PM
Why not you drive a car from the '70's? :) I love 510's so I couldnt really complain but I also really like the new mustangs the others though not really a big fan of them and they are all huge!

it would make sense for aftermarket companies to use a CURRENT production car to make money, they wouldnt advertise their name for a prehistoric vehicle. It also open lots of room for upcoming r and d parts for that specific vehicle. If enthusiats want aftermarket parts for thier dodge charger, only mopar is the first to make them, make money of it, and increases their versatility in developing more parts.

Mike Peters
01-31-2006, 05:10 PM
Hey Sam,
What kind of transmission will you guys be using? Is this gonan be the 6 speed off the challenger? You know if we can expect to see any 6 speed from the factory Chargers anytime soon?

Mike Peters
02-01-2006, 12:46 AM
I didn't, I read it later but didn't feel like editing it. Czech your avatar btw, thats where i got the skyline. I think the retro styling is cool, the mid 70's killed the muscle car, its kinda like they are picking up where they left off now because everything fell apart between then and now. You can build/sell real muscle cars again with 400 ft lbs of tire smoking torque and the govornment wont kill you, and people can afford it. Seems to me like its 1972 without the Insurance/Gas issues they started having with fast cars back then. Either way, Sam is drifting a Charger next year, and thats what this thread is about.

shubinette
02-01-2006, 11:52 AM
Mike, What's up Brotha??
Are you coming out for the D1?
Anyway,geekmonster. Yes we are going to be at the long Beach event with the new car.
If for some reason we could not make it with the Charger I will be there with the Viper.
Regarding gear box. We are still building the car and have not made a final decision on that.
But for the D1 event it will be the Viper. Hopefully I will do better this time!!

Mike Peters
02-01-2006, 11:57 AM
I'm gonna try to make it, its gonna be cutting it close with the FD car, but i might bring out my old dailydriver 240 if its up to snuff.

J-BloodAE86
02-01-2006, 10:31 PM
I didn't, I read it later but didn't feel like editing it. Czech your avatar btw, thats where i got the skyline. I think the retro styling is cool, the mid 70's killed the muscle car, its kinda like they are picking up where they left off now because everything fell apart between then and now. You can build/sell real muscle cars again with 400 ft lbs of tire smoking torque and the govornment wont kill you, and people can afford it. Seems to me like its 1972 without the Insurance/Gas issues they started having with fast cars back then. Either way, Sam is drifting a Charger next year, and thats what this thread is about.

oh the avatar is supposed to be a bluebird. but yea you cant argue with 400 ft/lbs of torque bone stock. it will be interesting to see how these big things perform drifting.